- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Musicom EFX 6M with H9 Reply To: Musicom EFX 6M with H9

camilok
Participant

I just replaced a mobius and a timeline with h9’s.  1 in the amp effect loop and 1 in the chain.  I had the entire musicom lab switcher living inside the mobius pre/post loop.  I tested the same configuration in the pre/post implementation of the H9, and it sounds perfect.

My path:

guitar -> wah -> input 1 of chain H9 -> output 1 of chain H9 -> input of 6M -> loops 1 – 6 -> output of 6M -> input 2 of chain H9 -> output 2 of chain h9 -> board patch bay -> buffer -> loop H9 -> Deca -> patch bay 

Patch bay:  output 1 to amp, jacks 2 and 3 to S/R on amp, routed to Loop H9 and Deca.

I am using a Musicomlabs 6m, and am getting ready to start mapping out my patches.  I have been doing everything manually for a couple of days to ensure my routing was correct and I liked the tones.  I like dem tones.

Here is the process I am going to use (it is the same process I used for the strymon’s).  – I cannot tell you HOW to program your stuff.  The process below will force you to understand why you have to set your settings the way you must to achieve your goals.

1.  Design – Draw a diagram of the setup and label everything, I know this sounds pedantic, but trust me.

2.  Decide.  

a.  Create a process for documenting your patch configurations, that is scalable.  I use a sheet of paper in a virtual notebook, or a word document.  The objective here is to have a method to document your patches and be thorough enough that you dont even need to look at the pedals when you implement.  I had a setup for mobius and timeline on a 6M, but that wont work for the H9’s.  This step requires you to understand how midi works on a fundamental level, and how it is implemented on the 6M.  Look at the config page on the 6M software GUI.  What you see there is what you can send to TWO distinct midi channels.  Note how drop down selections in the gui are highly specific to channel and patch identifiers.  If you dont know midi, you really must use the GUI – it is the only way to “see” how you are sending midi commands.

b.  What midi channels are your pedals going to use?

c.  What midi commands are required, on each Chanel/pedal, to recall their configurations, including on/off, per patch? How do you put that in the 6M GUI?  Do you have the option to set what you need?

3.  Deploy – set your pedals to the correct channels, and being putting in your patches into the 6M GUI and test.  

4.  Debug.  What went wrong.  WHY?  This step is the key to understanding, and should lead you back to step 2.

Hope that helps.