- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes No audio output when switching from bypass to active. Reply To: No audio output when switching from bypass to active.

Darren Livy
Participant
nickrose wrote:

I have no idea what is happening, so can’t be of much help. That aside:

One question – when it is in this state, does it seem as if the correct preset is loaded ? Can you adjust parameters, etc.

A second thing to try – when it is in this state, connect it guitar-H9-amp, and see if the same happens.

Yes, the correct preset is loaded when it’s in this state and I can adjust the parameters. The H9 also shows it’s getting a signal from the guitar. If I connect a guitar direct to H9 it’s still the same, no audio when active. (There has been a little audio getting through but I need to crank the volume to ridiculous levels to hear anything). I still get the same problem if I disconnect the midi lead too (once the problem has occurred). I have now made two patches on the Helix that incorporate the H9 and when I switch between them there’s no problem. It’s only when I switch to a patch on the Helix that doesn’t have any midi commands to the H9 and back again do I get a problem??? I guess I can work around the problem and put the midi commands on all my patches. It would be nice to know why it’s doing this though.