Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › Changing Midi Control Changes to Midi Program Changes › Reply To: Changing Midi Control Changes to Midi Program Changes
I usually recommend using a dedicated MIDI Monitor application for this. But the H9 itself can give you some basic feedback.
- Go to the H9 System settings, then click to MIDI and RCV CTL.
- Pick any parameter, then click 2X on the right footswitch.
- While in LEARN mode, press the CC switches on the GCP.
- That H9 parameter will now display the CC number sent by the GCP.
- Repeat through the GCP switches, then reset the H9 parameter to “- – -“.
The assumption here is that the GCP and H9 are properly set up to transmit & receive, on the same MIDI channels. As Nick said above, you can remap Program Change number positions with the H9 itself. Or you can change PC locations in the Event Processor programming, along with MIDI channel conversions, stored variables, event sequences, range of events, scaling of that range, etc.