- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space MIDI help needed Reply To: Space MIDI help needed

brock
Participant

AFAIK, you won’t be able to control the Moog with Program Change messages from Space.  It has an extensive MIDI implementation, but “presets” are created by sending it a number of MIDI CC messages.  Other than that, I think that you’re so_close to being able to do what you want here.

MIDI Clock is channel-independent, so everything set up to receive it is sync’ed.  Put Space and the MF-104M to the same MIDI Channel [any one of 16].  Configure the Infinity to receive on any other MIDI Channel (or defeat reception).  I haven’t tried it yet, but the new Output mode in Space should Merge the incoming clock / messages with the Program Changes that it’s sending.

I suppose you could send MIDI CC messages to the MF104M from Ableton, along with the MIDI Clock.  But that will take central control away from Space.  You’ll need something to send Program Changes and MIDI CC messages at (relatively) the same time to pull this off.