- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Emulate Eclipse preset with H9 or H9+timefactor Reply To: Emulate Eclipse preset with H9 or H9+timefactor

brock
Participant

It seems like you ought to be able to duplicate that with the two Stompboxes.  If we knew the original Eclipse preset structure, that would help.  For the filtering, Filter Pong or Band Delay would be a good start.  For more than two delays, you’d have to turn to something like MultiTap, QuadraVox, or UltraTap.

I’m not entirely convinced that you need 4 independent delays … a touch of feedback might get you there.  And when the footswitching starts (in the video), you would dial in nearly 100% feedback.  It’s the ‘rhythm’ of those four multi-tapped delays that’s going to narrow down your choices.

MultiTap may need some careful adjustment of Spread, but it has feedback built in (no deep filters).  The independent feedback loops can superimpose one rhythm on the other.  That’s something that you can also try by ‘splitting’ the delay duties between the TimeFactor and the H9.

I’m not sure what you have for algorithms in your H9.  UltraTap has the advantage of Pre-Delay for rhythmic offset.  You’ll have to get the feedback and deeper filtering from the Timefactor in series.  QuadraVox can fine-tune the delay ‘rhythm’ with Delay Group (filters & feedback from a second device).

I’ve had promising results from the Resonator algorithm that are similar to the example.  It’s the closest single algo that you can use to emulate the video.  Four delays, adjustable rhythmic spacing, two kinds of feedback, looping capability, with four independent, deep, and tunable filters.  Plus the option for reverb to blend it all together, if desired.