- Eventide Audio

Reply To: Octavox Chromatic Mode

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox Chromatic Mode Reply To: Octavox Chromatic Mode

smart99
Participant

Add me to the list of users that would appreciate a chromatic mode for MIDI keyboard input. While scale mode can be worked around while doing processing after the fact, when I am using Octavox by triggering notes via MIDI in a live performance, there is really no need to be bound by a scale at all.

There are definitely times where I may want to modulate from minor to a major, add a major 7th when playing in natural minor, or even just throw in a chromatic phrase like a blue note. Because I am not really thinking in terms of set scales when performing live, in the heat of the moment I sometimes go for an out of scale note resulting in silence. It is definitely very limiting for live performance use.

tlongabaugh wrote:
Chick Sangria wrote:

Hi there,

after trying the demo I am thinking about purchasing Octavox, it sounds impressive and really works fine as a live performance tool. A chromatic mode for live MIDI control would be a must for me, though. Scale modes are nice, but also limiting. How likely is it that you are going to implement this feature in the near future?

Thanks!

Show More...

Hi Chick-

Unfortunately, we don't have any plans to implement a chromatic mode in the near future, though I won't rule out the possibility that it could happen at some point, in this or a similar product.

Best,

Tom

Show Less...