- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Changing eventide H9 source instrument via midi Reply To: Changing eventide H9 source instrument via midi

Tomtama
Participant

For the benefit of others who want to be able to switch the source instrument on their H9 on the fly via midi, I’ve documented my configuration and the appropriate SysEx messages to change the source instrument between guitar and bass.

My midi controller/pedal looper is a Boss ES-8. The ES-8 is not capable of sending SysEx messages. However, it can send Control Changes. In order to send the SysEx messages to change the instrument source, I inserted a Midi Solutions Event Processor between the midi out of the ES-8 and the midi in of the H9. The Event Processor monitors all midi traffic through it and can be used for many functions one being mapping a Control Change (CC) to a SysEx message. To change the source instrument to guitar I have the ES-8 send a CC 20 with a value of 0 and to change to bass a CC 20 with a value of 1. The Event Processor changes these CCs to the appropriate SysEx messages I’ve documented below.

SysEx to set the source instrument to guitar – F0 1C 70 00 3C 32 34 34 20 30 F7

SysEx to set the source instrument to bass – F0 1C 70 00 3C 32 34 34 20 31 F7

I hope this information helps someone figure this out much more quickly than I did.