- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins H3000 Factory on external drive HighSierra Reply To: H3000 Factory on external drive HighSierra

radioman521
Participant
tlongabaugh wrote:

_olsen wrote:

Ok, I unlinked the audio library and installed the plugin to my internal drive,

after changing the ownership to root:admin the plugin was found by logic.

My external drive has a ownership “username”:staff. Maybe it’s an security problem ?

I would guess it is a permissions issue, possibly related to sandboxing (security protocol on macOS). It is possible that Logic X will refuse to load plugins that are not in specific locations (e.g. the default AU location on macOS), or which do not have appropriate permissions such as “username”:staff. Changing the ownership of the drive could fix this, but be careful (though it seems you have some knowledge of permissions). It’s also possible that the drive you have is not in APFS format, and it needs to be (this is purely speculation on my end).

-Tom

Changing ownership of the drive or changing permissions won’t help – I’ve yet to see a daw program find plugins that aren’t in the default locations in the OSX system drive. For samplers it’s different – you can put the content anywheres and all you have to do is to point the sampler to the right content path. For instance all my samples are on a separate drive from my system drive.