- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MIDI Sysex Doc posted to eventide.com Reply To: MIDI Sysex Doc posted to eventide.com

jarvss
nickrose wrote:

jarvss wrote:
Hi, I’ve built a Midi controller using a micro controller (Arduino). I have managed to get this to request and read a sysex dump for each preset on my H9. So now I have stored info on preset 0 to 99. But the only method I can see to specifically select a sound on the H9 is by sending a Program change. Program 1 might not be for Preset 1. This kind of makes the sysex data useless apart having info about the currently selected Preset/program. I know I can do a next/previous preset via the cc messages but this seems strange seeing as I can’t select a preset only a Program. Is there a cc or sysex message I can send to select a specific preset? Thanks PJ

Not sure what distinction you are drawing between Presets and Programs. Maybe by Program you mean Algorithm ?

The way to load a preset from MIDI is by using a Program Change message. I suppose you could use MIDI sysex to download a preset and then use another sysex to send it back, but this seem a bit of a fiddle.

Thanks for replying.

What I mean is a Program Change via the Map rather than a specified Preset.

If for example I send Program Change 4 to the H9 this might actually be mapped to Preset 2 in the H9 Map. If I change to Preset 2 on the H9 itself, the H9 sends Program Change 2 to my MIDI device. 

If I set the H9 to Merge then connect my MIDI device to the In and Out on the H9. I then send Program Change 4 from the MIDI device (as above) to the H9. The H9 then sends 2 messages:

– Program Change 4 for the Thru message 

– Program Change 2 for it’s own Transmission

The Map is very powerful to work with things like my Standard MIDI pedal switcher, but I would like to be able to send a MIDI message that is telling the H9 that this is a specific Preset change and not a Program Change. I thought that there might be a Sysex message that would do this.