- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Choppy: moog ep-3 -> H9 -> xmit cc #14 (xmit ch. #4) -> boss es-8 (rcv ch#4) -> assign cc#14 : exp 2 out -> moog mf drive Reply To: Choppy: moog ep-3 -> H9 -> xmit cc #14 (xmit ch. #4) -> boss es-8 (rcv ch#4) -> assign cc#14 : exp 2 out -> moog mf drive

bohan
Eventide Staff
rorytheherb wrote:

I have set this up. It works as expected, except for the fact that when I send the expression/CV out to my mf-drive (used as a wah basically) the filter cutoff frequency (i.e. the controlled parameter) jumps a lot, especially at the beginning when I first engage the pedal with my foot. 

I am aware that setting up the H9 to receive MIDI CC and use it to control its own expression can overload it with too much MIDI data, resulting in glitching or slow-to-update values. My question is whether a similar thing is known to happen the other way around, i.e. is the H9 able to convert the analog expression to MIDI CC and transmit it to an external device in a smooth fashion? 

Does BOSS ES-8 or its editor have a MIDI monitor? If so you can check its incoming MIDI messages while pedaling your Moog ep-3. If the MIDI messages are continuous and have proper start and end values, then it should not be H9's problem.