- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Expression Pedal – Sustain Tails while soloing with dry sound Reply To: Expression Pedal – Sustain Tails while soloing with dry sound

bohan
Eventide Staff
zyryab wrote:

Hello, anybody can help me with this:

I'm looking to create reverb pads that I can then solo over. My expression pedal is controlling MIX and the problem I encounter is the following:

Whenever I create a nice pad by playing a chord and bringing up the mix to 100, the guitar is far too wet to play single lines.

And when I dial it back to get a good lead sound, the pad is fading. I don't even need and infinite pad like a freeze, but just  something that can sustain for a few seconds before I lay down the next chord/pad.

I'm using an Ernie Ball VP JR 25k, hooked up to the H9 via the OX9. The H9 such an amzing pedal that I'm sure this has got to be possible, I just couldn't figure it out. Any help is appreciated!!

Wait, I just noticed you have an OX9. You may map one of your aux footswitches to "Performance Switch", then you can use it to control the HOTSWITCH. Please try algorithm DualVerb preset F2 "HOTSW FREEZE". I believe this preset may be the one you want.