- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Eventide Rose Reply To: Eventide Rose

javiceres
Participant

This one looks like an expanded Lexicon Prime Time /PCM 42, vintage EHX 16 Second Delay.
It’s got the most important features of the DDL-500 so it is a dream come true.
I’ll be getting one sooner or later without a doubt.
That said, I’m hoping for an “all black edition” or something like that.
I suppose there’s some sort of compander in the delay path, am I wrong? Perhaps some limiting? Soft sat? Or any type of saturation is possible cranking the feedback? May be the LPF gets dirty when doing so?
It’s a promesing all purpose/no limits modulated DDL, including degenerative looper, variable sample rate style fx machine (pitch shifting, square modulation etc), clean and dirty delays, envelope flanging/combs, true vibrato, vinyl/tape warp, accel&stop fx…

I’m only going to miss a feedback fx loop. I’ve seen it in analog delays, which is a bit nonsense to me, but in a long digital delay with analog feedback, that’s a dream feature I’ve used to achieve many tricks in digital patchtable units. Specially since you can bypass those fx and apply them subtly, only in certain moments, etc.

I also wonder whether the Tap Tempo allows for long times so you can use it to tap the start and end of a loop. Then switch between Hold and regular feedback to achieve degradation at will.

This Rose evoques Eno/Lanois, Fripp, David Torn, Radiohead and many more to me.