- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes firmware upgrade h9 Reply To: firmware upgrade h9

bohan
Eventide Staff
aliengtr wrote:

communication error! solved for me

I wanted the new hotsuz alg to try on my h9, I updated h9 control software hooked up usb and it pooped on me, communication error!! using usb cable, so I ttry an ip[ad and use bluetooth ,same communication error!, so i try an ipad3 and get the same damn error!!!!!!!!!! so I went a month without new algo.then tried holding down blacknob i thought was hotknob to reset and lost all my presets (poorly explained here!!!!!!!!!!! and by support)) and still same error. about to send pedal in for repair or even contmplating selling them and telling eventide to take their pedals and shove it. however, I finally found the problem!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST DISCONNECT YOUR MIDI CABLE WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARE VIA USB OR BLUETOOTH

It's fine to keep midi connected when using h9 to edit presets etc, but not to update the firmware, I wish support had told me this upfront, seems obvious now.

Yes, the communication is through MIDI over Bluetooth/USB, so connected MIDI cables might interfere with the update. I'm sorry to hear what you've experienced.