- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Max For Live H9 Remote plugin released – supports automation of H9 using CC Reply To: Max For Live H9 Remote plugin released – supports automation of H9 using CC

treyschibli
Participant
studiodc wrote:

treyschibli wrote:

Loving this plugin so far & I am using it to run AUX vocal effects for a live performance. As a result, I would love to be able to have multiple channels or instances that can switch back & fourth for different effects for different songs. I know you said the 1.1.2 update enables this, I am just having a hard time figuring it out. Any nod in the right direction would be super helpful!!

Cool, glad to know somebody else is finding it useful! 

Yep, just automate the plugin ON and OFF parameter. When the plugin goes ON it should dump it’s active configuration to the H9. Its been a while since I’ve worked with that code, though, and I can’t remember if I made it so that would automatically turn OFF the other instances attached to the same H9 or not, so check that and if not, you may want to carefully ensure that only one instance is active at a time, otherwise the CC sent by the other plugin would modify the other instance’s configurations if the H9 echos them back – which you definitely don’t want! 

Another thing you can do is use automation to just change the parameters you want between songs, most of the configurable settings are automatable, although some of them (the ones on the extended panel and the selector for the effect type/algorithm) will send sysex to the pedal which interrupts the audio momentarily and causes some glitching as the new effect “sets up” on the pedal itself – this can’t be avoided I’m afraid, it’s how the pedal is built. So definitely test test test before going live! I definitely haven’t stress-tested this plugin for live work and don’t have the resources to do that, so I’m hopeful it works well for you but it’s really built to make studio sessions more recallable and easier to manage rather than designed to automate a live show! 

If you have any issues with the plugin, please note them on the github page (https://github.com/malacalypse/h9-remote), which I monitor more actively than this forum. I don’t have a lot of time to devote to it these days but I’ll give it as much love as I can! 

Cheers

Ignore my last post, I believe I have figured it out! Fingers crossed & will let you know how this works as a live rig.