- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 – very serioulsy considering a purchase. I thought I’d ask you guys some questions. Reply To: H9 – very serioulsy considering a purchase. I thought I’d ask you guys some questions.

joshofsorts
Participant
Robbi-Rose wrote:
Hey I’m  Rob

I am really considering getting the H9 MAX. I don’t see any point fucking about with the other ones.

I use a pedal switcher the BOSS ES-5. It’s a five loop pedal switcher with midi control as well.

I really need the H9 to intergrate with this part of my rig. I am a barbarian and have never used any midi switching pedals so I have zero knowledge on how easy it is and I am unaware of any potential pitfalls.

Does anyone on here have any experience with setting up the H9 with Boss es-5? I use the editor app on pc to make all the changes but like I say, my lack of midi knowledge makes me think that this may be beyond me. So any help would be appreciated.

Some other questions

• Is this device dry through or hard buffered?
  •  
  • How oftern do eventide add new algorithms?
  •  
  • and does any one know how long they are planning on supporting the unit for.
  •  
  • I saw some fuzzy algorithms on the fx list. What are the dirty sounds like on this, most digital distortion sounds like shite, to me at least.
  •  
  • Am I right in understanding that you can only use one algorithm at a time.
  •  

Anything else people think might be helpful I really would be greatful cos I am in a quandry at the moment.

Thanks Robbi

The H9 is easy to integrate with a Boss ES-5. I had that setup for a couple of years. The MIDI setup on the Boss ES-5 just takes a little practice, but it is not hard. Just get a basic understand of MIDI and you’ll be good to go (P.C. verses C.C. etc).

• Is this device dry through or hard buffered?
  • Relay bypass is essentially true bypass. Both options are available throught the settings.
  • How oftern do eventide add new algorithms?
  • They just put out one. No idea how many more or how long til the next one. I think it’s been about one a year, generally.
  • and does any one know how long they are planning on supporting the unit for.
  • Well, they just put out a new algorithm, so they seem to still be supporting it. It is still on a LOT of pro boards; player interest in them seems to keep on keepin’ on.
  • I saw some fuzzy algorithms on the fx list. What are the dirty sounds like on this, most digital distortion sounds like shite, to me at least.
  • Pretty digital, but there is some good nasty fuzz tones in there, especially the fuzz octave sounds.
  • Am I right in understanding that you can only use one algorithm at a time.
  • Yep, but it is more complex than that as some of the algorithms are made up of multiple effects which you can initiate via an AUX footswitch or expression pedal, so you can more or less use it like multiple effects at the same time.