I”m a bit late to this thread, but I have the solution.
This is my Logic Pro X setup allowing me to live harmonize with MIDI input like the “Prismizer/Messina”
You want 4 channels:
- Dry Vocal (DV)
- Hardtuned Vocal (HV)
- Hardtuned Rootnote Vocal (RV)
- OctaVox (OV)
Here’s the setup:
1. DV – Create Audio Track
- Prefader Send to Bus # > creates 2. HV
- Prefader Send to Bus #+1 > creates 3. RV
2. HV – Use pitch correction plugin to hardtune this incoming vocal to the scale of the song you will sing.
3. RV – Use pitch correction plugin to hardtune incoming vocal to the rootnote of the scale (Single tone only)
4. OV – Create Software Instrument track and choose MIDI Controlled OctaVox instrument.
- Sidechain in OctaVox from RV channel
- Copy settings from the attached OctaVox MIDI Setup picture
You should now have a live MIDI Harmonizer setup (in Logic Pro X)
*Change Scale and Rootnote settings and save Track Stack as a User Channel Strip Setting for each Key/Scale to make the process more efficient*
*It would also be great to have a Chromatic Scale option in the OctaVox settings…*