- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Uninstalling Crustals AU plugin (Mac) Reply To: Uninstalling Crustals AU plugin (Mac)

wilkinsi
Participant
tlongabaugh wrote:

I believe there is a “Crystal” softsynth plugin, perhaps that’s it? You could look in your DAW’s Plug-in Manager and see what’s listed there. But removing our “Crystals.component” should be enough to stop the expired demo message.

wilkinsi wrote:

Additional questions – 1) would there be any reason why I would need both AU and VST3 versions of my Eventide plugins (or any plugins for that matter)? (2) Am I going to notice a big difference in performance when I upgrade my Mac Mini from 8GB to 32GB RAM?

1) What plug-in format you use is up to you and what youi host supports. If your host supports both, then no reason to have both installed.

2) Yes, I expect there will be a noticeable difference in performance with that RAM upgrade.

Thanks. Yeah, it is that synth plugin. Its getting binned. I dislike plugins with tiny windows that can’t be rescaled and resized. I will also wipe out the VST’s which are already installed as AU’s.