- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Help with Van Halen “Drop Dead Legs” settings on H9 Reply To: Help with Van Halen “Drop Dead Legs” settings on H9

bohan
Eventide Staff
garbeaj wrote:
Hello all! I’ve been trying to get a good approximation of the sounds on Van Halen’s “Drop Dead Legs”. I’ve gotten some good results with the ‘GUITARBASSCHORUS’ preset…I just adjust both the A and B pitches to 1.00 and it sounds pretty good. When I first got my H9, I had a nice sound for this tune out of the DropDeadLegs preset (as one would think would be the best for this song) but I was missing the sub-octave effect which you can really here on the outro backing guitar playing the vamp….that sub-octave effect might be on the entire song and I’m just missing it? Anyway, just curious for any of your advice or experience with achieving this sound? I’ve had my Core with several added algos for over 4 years and I’m still perplexed by it most of the time!

You may try setting one pitch to 0.5 if you want that sub-octave sound. You may also need to adjust the feedback of that voice to 0.