***EDIT*** – I rushed through this post and made a minor mistake on the routing, see below.
I”m a bit late to this thread, but I have the solution.
This is my Logic Pro X setup allowing me to live harmonize with MIDI input like the “Prismizer/Messina”
You want 4 channels:
- Dry Vocal (DV)
- Hardtuned Vocal (HV)
- Hardtuned Rootnote Vocal (RV)
- OctaVox (OV)
Here’s the setup:
1. DV – Create Audio Track
- Prefader Send to Bus # > creates 2. HV
- ***EDIT*** – Wrong track routing
2. HV – Use pitch correction plugin to hardtune this incoming vocal to the scale of the song you will sing.
- Prefader Send to Bus #+1 > creates 3. RV. ***EDIT*** – I find this routing creates a cleaner harmony than just a send from DV (especially if you use an insert of Octavox on the main Track Stack to add delays/reverb kind of sounds to the whole vocal harmony chain).
3. RV – Use pitch correction plugin to hardtune incoming vocal to the rootnote of the scale (Single tone only)
4. OV – Create Software Instrument track and choose MIDI Controlled OctaVox instrument.
- Sidechain in OctaVox from RV channel
- Copy settings from the attached OctaVox MIDI Setup picture
You should now have a live MIDI Harmonizer setup (in Logic Pro X)
***EDIT*** – I would also like to clarify this note as saving a Track Stack in Logic does not save the subtracks and routing settings:
*Change Scale and Rootnote settings for pitch correction plugin and Octavox for each Key/Scale and save as Channel Strip Setting per channel to make the process more efficient when setting up to compose or use live*
*It would also be great to have a Chromatic Scale option in the OctaVox settings…*
um wow this works incredible! thank you!