- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pops and crackles coming out of my stompbox Reply To: Pops and crackles coming out of my stompbox

sonicfog
Participant
joecozzi wrote:
Hi Sonicfog, it’s highly likely you’re just in need of a firmware reset. Try this:

Download H9 Control to a desktop computer and connect your H9 with a mini-usb to usb cable. Make sure nothing else is connected to your H9 other than the adapter.

If you have designed any user presets, back up your H9 to a list on H9 Control. If not, don’t worry about it.

Conduct a fresh install of the firmware by going to the “Pedal” tab in the app and clicking on “Stompbox Software.” The most up to date version of the firmware should be selected. Click on “Install Software.” It should take 10-12 minutes.

Once completed, conduct a factory reset by turning on your H9 on while simultaneously holding down the big black encoder and the right footswitch. You will see [INITIAL] on the screen. After a few moments, you should be good to go.

If you backed up your presets, you may reload them now. Let me know if this fixed your problem.

Yes. This seemed to fix the problem. Thank you. I’ll update this thread if the issue resurfaces.