- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Why Do My Presets Go Blank?!?!?! Reply To: Why Do My Presets Go Blank?!?!?!

apalazzolo
Participant
bohan wrote:

apalazzolo wrote:

I now avoid the aforementioned feature/problem like the plague and “save to user presets” often and “rename” from the individual preset screen.

Please consider whether there is a bug in the control software.  Thanks.

Hi apalazzolo, can you please try this version and let me know if it fixes this problem? Thank you.

https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=ZLfLPQ38gBmNZpUU6FG61lcOA0fJ5h7P

Nice work!  With limited testing, this seems to have solved the problem completely. 

On to the next and similar problem (one that I have mentioned in a recent thread I started just for this other problem):

With Windows 8 and the rename preset function WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL PRESET SCREEN, preset changes (modifications to a preset) are not remembered if one also changes the preset name (and saves the preset) and then accesses another algorithm.  He is one scenario:

Create new preset list

Drag & drop any preset into slot 1 … select save and back

Select the preset to enter the individual preset screen

Modify preset knob settings … select rename preset … change name and save … (even save again if you wish … doesn’t matter) and select back

Now you are at the new preset list screen again

Select the algorithm tab at bottom of screen and select any algorithm

Now you are viewing a preset in the individual preset screen … 

Select back and you are at the algorithms screen again

Select the preset list tab at bottom and select the newly created preset list …

NOTICE THE NAME CHANGE FOR THE ONE AND ONLY PRESET WAS NOT REMEMBERED …

Select the one and only preset shown there … now you are in the individual preset screen

NOTICE THAT THE CHANGES MADE TO THAT PRESET WERE NOT REMEMBERED EITHER … WHAT IS THERE IS THE PRESET THAT WAS DRAGGED & DROPPED THERE (BEFORE MODIFICATION)

The only way to avoid this failure to remember preset changes (after changing the name in the individual preset screen) is to copy the changed preset to user presets and then to manually place the new user preset back into the preset list

This can’t be normal/intended

Thanks for making great products and please consider solving this other problem as well!