- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Dump & Restore Reply To: Dump & Restore

jfgallant

I realize that this is an old thread, but I landed here because I was looking for an explanation to a different problem. At the risk of stating the obvious, I just thought I’d summarize for novice MIDI users who have trouble with SysEx transfers.

Other than H9 Control, you can use a SysEx librarian software on your computer to capture and restore settings from your pedal:

– check the System ID of the pedal (per manual page 28). In case this is not clear, this number allows you to daisy-chain multiple pedals on the same MIDI output from your computer. Each pedal should have a different ID, and this ID is encoded in the SysEx messages. Upon restoring settings, only the pedal that has the same ID as in the messages will reload the settings;

– to capture the settings/presets from your pedal onto your computer, put your SysEx librarian in capture mode (however that’s done with whatever software you are using) and then dump the settings from the pedal (instructions in manual);

– to restore, all you have to do is connect and power up the pedal, and then use the SysEx librarian to transmit the messages that you captured before. You don’t need to do anything at the pedal other than make sure it has the same System ID as when you captured the settings/presets. The pedal will reload the settings upon receiving the SysEx messages from your computer.