- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development H9000+Vsig3 bugs Reply To: H9000+Vsig3 bugs

John Baylies
Participant

Hi Patchen, sorry for not getting back to you on this.

I just tested this in a few ways w/ Emote 2.0.5[1], H9000 2.0.5[2], macOS 11.6.5. Here are my results:

• Emote plugin, TEMPO MODE = DAW, Ableton Live 11

The MIDICLOCK module’s BPMOUT precisely follows the DAW’s tempo while Emote is active as a plugin in the DAW and the algorithm’s TEMPO MODE is on. BEATOUT drifts from the DAW’s metronome, and STARTOUT and STOPOUT don’t respond to the DAW’s transport.

• Emote standalone, TEMPO MODE = midi clock, Ableton Live 11 -> USB to MIDI DIN adapter

The MIDICLOCK module’s BPMOUT imprecisely follows the DAW’s tempo while the algorithm’s TEMPO MODE is on. BEATOUT does not drift from the DAW’s metronome, and STARTOUT and STOPOUT respond to the DAW’s transport.

• Emote standalone, TEMPO MODE = midi clock, Ableton Live 11 -> H9000 USB Audio

The MIDICLOCK module’s BPMOUT imprecisely follows the DAW’s tempo while the algorithm’s TEMPO MODE is on. BEATOUT does not drift from the DAW’s metronome, and STARTOUT and STOPOUT respond to the DAW’s transport.

Here’s the sigfile that I used to test the MIDICLOCK module with. I let it run for about 10 minutes to check for drift, and it seemed fine when the H9000’s TEMPO MODE = midi clock. How are you hooking the MIDICLOCK module up to your looper?