- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes uhhhhh…….MIDI? Reply To: uhhhhh…….MIDI?

apalazzolo
Participant

If you go to THEGEARPAGE and look at any of the POST YOUR PEDALBOARD threads you’d prolly fall off your chair at what you see.  It happens to me all the time.  The IMMENSE time and money spent on doing what you are talking about (authentic recreation of a wide range of pop/rock tones) is on full display. So many of those spaceship boards run north of $5000.   Trying to cover the Edge one moment and EVH the next … then Hendrix … then Boston is an intractable technical problem.  If there is a cheap and easy way to do that, I don’t know it and neither do those guys.

A different class of players went the “modeller” route … Kemper, AxeFX, Quad Cortex, BluGuitar, etc.  There is something to be said for that but that costs too and there is a steep learning curve.  Plus, you have to learn to live without your tube amp.

I couldn’t (and I didn’t want to spend $5000 on a board) so my solution was the Eventide H90 and a couple of drives.  That doesn’t let me nail all every tone under the sun, but I can do a lot …  and if people want more they can go hear U2 for $600 instead of me for free.

Best of luck to you.