- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Control lists question + hacking spillover Reply To: H90 Control lists question + hacking spillover

joecozzi
Eventide Staff

a.  Drag and drop to reorder in a playlist.  Right now if you drag a program onto another one, it overwrites the other program.  If this isn’t currently possible, perhaps there could be shift-drag or ctrl drag for “insert between” or “switch slots with.”  I almost never want to overwrite a program with another when editing a list.

It’s a great suggestion. Presently, there isn’t the ability to swap presets in this manner. We can only copy a Program, paste it somewhere else as a placeholder, overwrite the new position, and re-paste the placeholder. The better way on H90 Control is clicking Programs up top and choosing the same User List as your Playlist. Then, you can drag and drop into place at will.

b.  Create a part of custom “INIT” presest that I can begin from each time depending on what instrument I use (different output levels).

If you right click (or Control click) a Program, you have the option to “Delete/Initialize” to start from scratch, where no algorithms are populated in the Program. Another option, you can change the Playlist to User 2 thru User 4 to have a complete list of INIT Programs.

c.  OR at least change default settings–I pretty much always hot knobs on 0 to start, not 100, and I always want spillover on time-based effects.

Spillover is on by default and set to 10 seconds. Very few factory Programs start with any hotknob or expression positions not at zero. Nonetheless, these settings are easily customizable in the Parameters edit menu.

d.  Have a master list of user programs, the way you can quickly get a list of user presets.  Right now all I can see is manually copy-pasting into a self-made master list.

Whenever you create a new user program, you can save it directly to your Playlist as well as any other User list on the Pedal. As already explained, on H90 Control, there is a tab called Programs up top, in the middle. On that window, there’s a “List” tab next to “favorites” that allows you to just see all factory and User lists; it’s best to select the User List you created for your Programs. Then what you can do is have the Playlist on the left window and this user list on the Program window. You are able to drag and drop Programs from the user list to the Playlist.

Say, for example, you want to start from scratch. Select User 2 as your Playlist, which is filled with “INIT” Programs. Then, click Programs and select User 1 (or your custom list) from the drop down menu next to “favorites.” Now, you can drag an drop Programs to any order on the initialized playlist very easily. Just keep in mind the Programs are organized alphanumerically.

2.  I’m trying to find a way to keep a frozen sound sustaining across 3 programs.  Let’s say I set up a drone on a delay algorithm set to “freeze” in slot A in Program 1  I know if I switch programs once, it’ll keep going in Program 2.  Let’s say the Program 2 has exactly the same delay preset in slot A.  If I go to a 3rd program, with the same exact preset in slot A with the same settings, will it still cut off the drone, or is there a way to keep it going?

No, this is not possible. You would have to reset the freeze after every program change. The spillover feature will continue the drone for as long as you’ve set the spillover time but eventually it will ring out. Also, if you change Programs in too quick succession while the spillover is trailing out, it will cut the spillover of Program 1 if you’re already jumping from Program 2 to 3 and 1 has not stopped trailing out.

What is possible is instead of changing Programs you manually change Presets in slot B while A is frozen.