Can I take tap tempo into H9 and send out as MIDI clock?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can I take tap tempo into H9 and send out as MIDI clock?

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

Hey, folks,

I’ve been doing a few things to get all of my pedals on my board in sync, and I have an external tap tempo I’d like to go into the H9. My pigtronix infinity looper, however, will only take a midi clock for tempo, so I’m wondering, is there a way to send the tempo out over midi on the H9 (based on the tap tempo in), and then send it to MIDI out, and if so, how would I do this?

Thanks.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      lordradish wrote:

I've been doing a few things to get all of my pedals on my board in sync, and I have an external tap tempo I'd like to go into the H9. My pigtronix infinity looper, however, will only take a midi clock for tempo, so I'm wondering, is there a way to send the tempo out over midi on the H9 (based on the tap tempo in), and then send it to MIDI out, and if so, how would I do this?

Yes. You may enable MIDI Output Clock. You can do so on your H9 or in H9 Control.

On H9: Go to the setting menu by press and hold the HOTKNOB and the right footswitch, then go to MIDI -> CLK.OUT -> ON

In H9 Control: See my attachment.

lordradish
      Participant

Awesome, thank you.

lordradish
      Participant

Is there a way to recieve MIDI over 1/4 inch on the H9, as there is on some other newer pedals? I’m having some sync problems that I’d be able to address, if I were.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        lordradish wrote:

Is there a way to recieve MIDI over 1/4 inch on the H9, as there is on some other newer pedals? I'm having some sync problems that I'd be able to address, if I were.

No. The 1/4 inch ports on H9 are only for audio and expression/auxiliary swtiches. What sync problems do you have?

lordradish
      Participant

I’m using multitap tempo pedal to send a tap to Disaster Area qConnect to send tempo to my Meris pedals, and another to my H9, and they’re always off by a few BPM. I have some other possible solutions, but I wanted to check on this, first.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        lordradish wrote:

I'm using multitap tempo pedal to send a tap to Disaster Area qConnect to send tempo to my Meris pedals, and another to my H9, and they're always off by a few BPM. I have some other possible solutions, but I wanted to check on this, first.

Maybe you can tap tempo on your H9 and send its clock to qConnect then to Meris.

camn
      Participant

Doesn’t the qConnect also have a standard 5-pin Midi out?

If not- 1/4″ to 5-pin is really just a converter cable. Anyone could make one.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.