Communication error?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Communication error?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I keep getting

Error code [sm_response_timeout]

And “your pedal is not responding to requests for its communication protocol.”

Heellpp

gkellum
      Participant

How are you connecting to the H9?  Over MIDI or Bluetooth?  And from what kind of device are you connecting to the H9?  iOS, Mac OS X or Windows?

Is this a new H9?  Had it been working properly previously?  If so, have you changed anything recently?  For example have you updated the H9 software?

gkellum wrote:

How are you connecting to the H9?  Over MIDI or Bluetooth?  And from what kind of device are you connecting to the H9?  iOS, Mac OS X or Windows?

Is this a new H9?  Had it been working properly previously?  If so, have you changed anything recently?  For example have you updated the H9 software?

I’m using my iPhone to connect to it. I ran a couple of the updates last night after messing with the presets already on it. I bought it used and it was working fine until I updated it.

gkellum
      Participant

Well, if you did what the error message suggested and tried to restore the H9s system settings by turning the H9 off and then on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner) and that didn't help, you may want to reinstall the H9 software over USB from a desktop using the Eventide Direct Updater app.  That app can be downloaded here: 

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads?field_product_nid=691&field_language_tid=All&field_platform_tid=All&field_download_type_value=All

By the way when you turn your H9 on, does the display light up immediately, or is there a 10 second delay before the display lights up?

reartsa

Hi, I have the same problem of the error, try to restore it as it comes from the factory and mark me Write and Erase, what file I have to download from the computer for my pedal, this pedal is about two years old and when installing the new sofware the error occurred, I hope and you can help me thanks

orestis
      Participant

Hello, I am dealing with the same error…

Win/10/64…

I have tried the direct update but the update is not possible.

Also the device, when is recognize , is recognized as “Unknown” ..

orestis
      Participant

Hello,

Yes I did the process as you mention above, the update happen succesfull but still I am dealing with communication error problems.

The eventide unit fail from the desk, and i will go to the support in Greece and check if this is the case.

The main problem is that the H9 software cannot communicate with the right way with the device, is loosing the connection,

and i cannot enter in any midi menu of the device, and send the clock in the device.

Thank you, i will try the support and i will come back.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      orestis wrote:

Hello, I am dealing with the same error…

Win/10/64…

I have tried the direct update but the update is not possible.

Also the device, when is recognize , is recognized as "Unknown" ..

Are you using the latest version of H9 Control? The latest Direct Updater is also bundled with the latest H9 Control. Did you power up your H9 with HOTKNOB button pressed and hold to boot into UPDATE mode before using the Direct Updater?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      orestis wrote:

Yes I did the process as you mention above, the update happen succesfull but still I am dealing with communication error problems.

The eventide unit fail from the desk, and i will go to the support in Greece and check if this is the case.

It could be that. You are using USB for connection right? Does Bluetooth work?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.