CV Control Voltage to control Time Factor or Mod factor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes CV Control Voltage to control Time Factor or Mod factor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am experimenting with another pedal a Pigtronix Philosopher King which has an CV output ( The range is approx. 2VDC > 12VDC).

I have read Timefactors Expression Pedal input supports control voltage inputs from 0V to 3V.  

I have also read this: Factor switch and pedal inputs are protected against reasonable over-voltages. We don’t specify a maximum, but 5-15V should be OK. Note that the 100% voltage point on the Factor pedal input is about 3.3V – it will clip above this.

I just want to know if iis SAFE to connect the Pigtronix CV out inside the timefactor or mod factor exp pedal, I just don’t want to ruin the pedal.

Thanks in advanced.

Giacomo

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I would suggest that you find another pedal.

If its range is 2-12V and given that the 'Factor will clip at 3.3V, you will only have an effective swing of 2-3.3V, meaning that it will not get near zero, and the top 75% of the pedal will do nothing.

The 'Factor will draw about 3 mA at 12V, so it will probably not damage the pedal (check wih manufacturer to be sure).

brock
      Participant
      Giacomo Cicirello wrote:

I am experimenting with another pedal a Pigtronix Philosopher King which has an CV output ( The range is approx. 2VDC > 12VDC).

I have read Timefactors Expression Pedal input supports control voltage inputs from 0V to 3V …

It’s a worthy pursuit.  You’d have a programmable ASR envelope – controlled by audio input – that’s capable of modulating any parameter mapped to the expression pedal input.  It could also ‘loop’ modulation, using waveforms with variable slopes.  I put a little thought into breadboarding a voltage divider / regulator for that CV conversion, but never followed through.

If this is an option for you, you might want to consider contacting Pigtronix directly.  Recently, I’ve read of an in-house pedal mod that converts 2-12 VDC to the Moog CV range [0-5V].  It isn’t much of a stretch to drop that to a 0-3V range.  If it’s not too-too pricey, I’d consider sending in my own Philosopher King for that kind of mod.

I found this sequencer on the market, what do you think…It looks like it sends 1,2,5,7 volts… 

http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/sq_1/specifications.php

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.