H9 App Change Control Process

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 App Change Control Process

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Priestunes
      Participant

Something seems to be amiss with the H9 application or my use of it. Understandably, I will take a factory preset and tailor it to my own taste and save it with a new name. Then, later when I decide to tweak my preset, I am prompted that factory presets cannot be overwritten. This then makes me have to rename the preset again, sometimes 2 or 3 times, w/ duplicates names, adding new identifier characters sch as —1, —2, and then repopulate a new playlist. Is this the change control process? It requires jotting on paper the names of thw soon-to-be deleted playlist, creating a new one, and gobs of similarly titled presets (using corresponding song names) to choose from. How can I streamline all of this? Thanks. 

gkellum
      Participant

Hey, no something's off there.  After you save a factory preset with a new name, it's no longer a factory preset, and you should be able to overwrite it.  The new preset should appear with a U prepended to the name to indicate that it's a User preset.  And any changes to that U preset should cause H9 Control to ask you whether you want to overwrite the existing user preset or create a new one.

What platform are you using H9 Control on:  iPhone, iPad, Mac OS X, or Windows?  And which version of H9 Control do you have?  You can figure that out by clicking on Settings on the bottom right hand corner of H9 Control and going to About.  The latest version of H9 Control is v1.3.2.

Priestunes
      Participant

I'm using my Mac (OS X 10.6.8), the latest application (1.3.2). It lets me overwrite when I load the preset from either the Algorithms or Presets tab at the bottom. I've just tested this, and I see the prepended U name and can edit and save with no prompts to rename. But if I load the preset via the Preset Lists tab, tweak it, and try to save it (with the assumption that this changed preset will also populate the Preset List from which I've navigated), it prompts me as stated in the original post. I see that the prepended letter is no longer U, but an L.

gkellum
      Participant

I think I'm beginning to understand…  If you're in Preset Lists, when you add a preset to a list, the preset list makes it's own local copy of the preset, and that's what the L means.  That it's the preset lists local copy of the preset.  You should be able to change the local copy of the preset in the preset list without any problems, but any changes you make to the local copy of the preset won't show up in other preset lists…  You can copy a preset out of the list back to your user presets though by selecting it, clicking the more button, and clicking the "Copy to user presets" button.  This will copy the preset back into the user section, and allow you to pull it into other lists, but it can lead you to have multiple copies of the same preset.

If you're making changes to a preset and want to use that preset in multiple lists, ideally you would do that under the Presets section and would work on the user version of the preset. And you'd pull that into your list.  But there's a bug in the v1.3.2 where if you already have added a preset to your preset list if you make some changes to it the list won't pull in the new preset.  You have to rename it to get the list to take it.  (This is fixed in the coming release though.)

I explained the different places that presets are saved in this post: http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/8860/39809.aspx#39809

I still don't know if I've ever seen quite the behavior you've described, but maybe, understanding this preset stuff a bit better will help you figure out what's going wrong for you.

Priestunes
      Participant

Well, that is convenient! Thank you for your help. Really quickl,y let me see if I've got this right: if I make any changes from the preset list and then publish to the pedal, that will be sufficient? If this is the case, then all is well, and I only wish to delete duplicated preset names and their corresponding presents at some point. Will this ever be possible?

gkellum
      Participant

Priestunes:

if I make any changes from the preset list and then publish to the pedal, that will be sufficient? 

Yes, that will work.

Priestunes:

If this is the case, then all is well, and I only wish to delete duplicated preset names and their corresponding presents at some point. Will this ever be possible?

You can do this now.  If you select a user preset in the Presets screen and click on the More button, there's a "Delete preset" function, which you can use to delete user presets.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.