H9 does not boot anymore

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 does not boot anymore

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mattedbass

I bought my h9 in the U.K. About 6 weeks ago and it survived a month tour.. on the first date abroad in the Netherlands it dies. It will go through its boot sequence and then when it should display the patches it just gives a blank screen.. tried restarting, factory reset but nothing. When I do the factory reset the display doesn’t how the right characters somethimes ending up with a random letter on the screen or just blank but the unit won’t restart..
      Severely annoyed cause I can’t get back to the shop til after our tour!!!
      Anyone have anything similar?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it will go through the boot sequence, you should be able to get it into update mode. If so, you could run the update which should rebuild the software.

I'm concerned that we don't know why this happened, as it may point to some kind of hardware issue. But, my guess is that right now you are mostly interesting in getting it working.

Mattedbass

That did it! I didn’t realize that there is an update mode outside of the H9 app which I couldn’t connect.. update mode worked and managed to re flash..
      I have no idea how it happened but I will post again if it happens again..
      I couldn’t find anything about this problem on the forums so thought it might be hardware but all seems well for the time being.. fingers crossed..
      Thanks for the help!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.