H9 Effect like TC Mimiq

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Effect like TC Mimiq

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BluezNotez
      Participant

Is there an H9 effect like the TC Electronic Mimiq? I believe it adds 1 or 2 layers that are just a few cents off of the original.

brock
      Participant

In the H9 (Max), there are a dozen or more algorithms that would add 1 or 2 detuned voices.  But if you truly want to mimic “up to three additional guitar tracks”, then the new PitchFuzz algorithm is the way to go.  The TC manual didn’t help out much, as far as the actual parameter ranges go, but here’s a good guess:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5svzjknpi5iyrof/Mimic%20Pitch%20Fuzz.h9z?raw=1

The PITCH AMT control takes the place of the DRY and EFFECT knobs.  DRY would be 0.0 Voices, and EFFECT would be somewhere between 1.0 Voices & 3.0 Voices.  In this preset, PITCH AMT also helps to recreate the DUBS and TIGHTNESS knobs.    The “random, subtle nuances” will have to be courtesy of your … foot.

You’ll have to use an expression pedal to introduce the “variations in time, pick attack, and pitch”.  PITCH A is slightly detuned at default (HEEL), and blended with the dry signal.  You won’t hear the heavily-detuned and delayed PITCH B & PITCH C, due to the current position of PITCH AMT.

As the expression pedal travels towards TOE position, PITCH AMT adds more voices, DELAY A & DELAY B are increased, and detuning is inverted between PITCH A and PITCH B.  About midpoint, you’ll have triple-tracking, with very shallow detuning on all voices.  Full TOE is the ‘loosest’  point of the TIGHTNESS simulation.

I added a slight overdrive boost with HOTSWITCH = ON.  The image above also shows the parameters with the expression pedal at full HEEL.  PITCH C is mixed slightly back, to tone down the DELAY C slapback.

brock
        Participant

I hope that you caught my typos above (under the 3rd image).  It’s corrected below:

brock wrote:
        .  … As the expression pedal travels towards TOE position, PITCH AMT adds more voices, DELAY B & DELAY C are increased, and detuning is inverted between PITCH B and PITCH C ….

In the ARP LEVEL mode, PITCH B and PITCH C will always run through DELAY B and DELAY C.  It’s another method for mixing between voices.  Dry + PITCH A at Arp Wet 0, and PITCH B + PITCH C at Arp Wet 99.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/khjrod3nvdplyuh/Mimic%20Mixed%20Pair.h9z?raw=1 

PITCH AMT stays static at 3.0 Voices, and the mixing of voice pairs takes place under ARP LEVEL.

Expression pedal HEEL is the default preset position.  Lighter doubling of dry + PITCH A.

At the TOE position, ARP LEVEL is a 50:50 mix of dry + PITCH A, with PITCH B + PITCH C on the ‘wet’ side.

For the HOTSWITCH = ON feature here, I added a switch-over to Group Wet 50 – DELAY LEVEL.  Dry / overdrive + PITCH A + PITCH B + PITCH C at Group Wet 0, and everything goes through the delay lines at Group Wet 99.  Note that the delay labels have now changed to DELAY 1 and DELAY 2 (now under DELAY LEVEL).

It’s a lot thicker sound – by design – but you lose the timing differences & separation between voices.  Any movement by the expression pedal will override the HOTSWITCH.  Everything shifts back to Arp WetARP LEVEL voice mixing, and DELAY BDELAY C processing, until the next HOTSWITCH = ON trigger.

BluezNotez
      Participant

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I will give it a try! 

Imerkat
      Participant

Would love to have this; would you mind uploading to the preset sharing page on here?

eventideaudo.com -> Community -> Preset Sharing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.