H9 Firmware Update Errors?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Firmware Update Errors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      mld530
      Participant

Hi guys:

Today, my iPad prompted me to download an updated version of the control app, and I was excited to see the new update with the Resonator algo. Unfortunately, I have not been able to install it without problems.

Everything seems fine at first – the firmware downloads, and I get the screen prompting me that I;ll have to restart the app, establish a new bluetooth connection, etc. However, at that point, the H9 flashes the words "Update," "Bad", and "Erase," and crashes. On another attempt, the H9 simply flashed the letter "I" after downloading the firmware, and was non-functional. Help!

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Sorry that you're having trouble updating your H9. It seems that for some reason the updated firmware is corrupted. Try powering up while pressing and holding the hotswitch button. This will put the unit in a manual update mode. Cycle power once more (without holding down the button) and the H9 should revert to the last firmware. At that point you can try updating once again.

mld530
      Participant

Ok, will try that when I get home and report back. Thanks for the prompt response.

mld530
      Participant

Tried that – no luck. I got the same "update" "bad" message after downloading. What else should I try?

mld530
      Participant

Unfortunately, that didn't work. What else can I try?

mld530
      Participant

Also – I downloaded the H9 Windows control app to see if maybe it was a iOS or Bkuetooth issue. Same thing – downloading is fine, but when it tries to install, I still get "update, bad, erase," and a shutdown. 

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, after you restart the H9 with the HotKnob pressed and restart it again, it boots up fine though, correct?  It's the updating that's giving you problems, but you can still relaunch the H9 with the previous firmware without any problems, right?

We have an alternative mechanism for updating the H9s, and I'd like to have you try that instead. I think we probably want to give you a slightly different update file than the one on the server, because I think we want to update not only your H9's OS but another component as well.  I am going to need a colleague of mine to put this together for you on Monday.  So, I hope you don't mind me asking you to wait until Monday, and I'll send you an email to the email account you have registered with us about that.

mld530
      Participant

That's right – it works fine when not in the update process. Sounds great – will look forward to hearing from you on Monday. Thanks again.

bigbeat16
      Participant

Hi I'm having the exact same problem your describing with my H9 crashing during 4.4.6.1 installation.  Were you ever able to resolve it with the file he sent you? Thanks.

gkellum
      Participant

I think we did resolve his problem.  Please send an email to support@eventide.com describing the problem and we'll send you our alternative update utility.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.