H9 Hotswitch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Hotswitch

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      jamminout

1. For example, a Space preset in H9 shows a "Hotswitch" in the H9 Control window. The programmed function is triggered by touching the Hotswitch button onscreen, which then latches "On" and lights. How is this function triggered on the H9 pedal itself?

2. How are the Hotswitch functions programmed on the H9 pedal itself and/or in H9 Control?

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

To trigger the hotswitch on an H9 itself, you can either attach an aux switch to the H9 or use MIDI. The hotswitch is programmed in H9 Control by long pressing the hotswitch button.  It starts flashing to indicate that its in programming mode, and you can move the knobs to where you want them to be when the hotswitch is pressed.  Please check the H9's manual if you'd like to know how to program the hotswitch on the H9 itself.

thatsrayor

On a related note, is there any way to program a hotswitch for non-Space algorithms? I want to program an aux switch to change multiple parameters on a per patch basis but this only seems possible with Space algos (and maybe H9 exclusives).

gkellum
      Participant

thatsrayor:

On a related note, is there any way to program a hotswitch for non-Space algorithms? 

It is only possible with the Space algorithms and the H9 exclusive algorithms.  The hotswitch didn't come into being until Space.  The earlier Factor pedals used the performance switch for other functions, and they continue to do so.

thatsrayor

Thanks for the prompt reply. Could I request this as a feature? This would give me incredible control to morph sounds without having to add an(other) expression pedal to my already cramped board. 🙂

jamminout

Thank you very much. Also, is "Hotswitch" only triggered by external switch or MIDI? Can it not be assigned a trigger onboard HE9 itself? Again, thank you very much.

gkellum
      Participant

jamminout:

Is "Hotswitch" only triggered by external switch or MIDI? Can it not be assigned a trigger onboard H9 itself?

Currently, the Hotswitch can only be triggered by an external aux switch or MIDI.  There have been users who wanted to be able to trigger the Hotswitch (or the performance switch in general) by pushing the H9's big knob, but the big knob currently switches the right footswitch from incrementing presets to decrementing presets and it can't be configured to behave otherwise.

Bodde
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:
        jamminout:

Is “Hotswitch” only triggered by external switch or MIDI? Can it not be assigned a trigger onboard H9 itself?

Currently, the Hotswitch can only be triggered by an external aux switch or MIDI.  There have been users who wanted to be able to trigger the Hotswitch (or the performance switch in general) by pushing the H9’s big knob, but the big knob currently switches the right footswitch from incrementing presets to decrementing presets and it can’t be configured to behave otherwise.

Is this still the case or has anything changed in the meantime? I also thought pressing the large hotswitch button on the unit itself would behave just as perssing the hotswitch button in the H9 control? I was figuring out how to save that hotswitch press to the unit itself but apparently this can only be used by hooking up an extra aux switch or midi?

MrClean
      Participant

This will do it, ordered it today:

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-2

Bodde
      Participant

ok thanks for the reply. Good to know.

masterzaffro

I’d love to see the hotswitch mappable to the tap tempo switch since I’ll be using midi clock sync rendering my tap tempo button useless.

BBok
      Participant

Hi, I have found the tap tempo will still work with the tempo on, using the following settings to paired H9’s.

H9 One – MIDI Receive Channel – Off

Assign MIDI CC Messages > Tap Tempo CC “x” – your choice of MIDI channel

MIDI Clock No > No > Yes

MIDI Output Mode > Transmit > Transmit

H9 Two – MIDI Receive Channel “x”   (whatever Channel assigned on H9 One).

Assign MIDI CC Messages > Tap Tempo CC “x” – match Receive channel

MIDI Clock settings to  > Yes >  Yes >  No

MIDI Output Mode  > Thru + MIDI clock  *** It didn’t work until I thought might as well try it – Eureka! – tap tempo worked with tempo on).

Cheers!

ChannelH9 One set as  “transmit” and the second one in receive, but only with Midi Thru/Clock

camn
      Participant

For real though –

a Setting in H9 control to assign the functions of the On-board switches? Maybe make the left one long-press function-switchable too?

That wouldn’t F up anyone if the default was just as-it-is.

AND it would solve some of the biggest complaints.

But I know, I know probably the H9 is legacy soon.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Bodde wrote:

Is this still the case or has anything changed in the meantime? I also thought pressing the large hotswitch button on the unit itself would behave just as perssing the hotswitch button in the H9 control? I was figuring out how to save that hotswitch press to the unit itself but apparently this can only be used by hooking up an extra aux switch or midi?

Currently, the Hotswitch can only be triggered by an external aux switch or MIDI

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      masterzaffro wrote:

I'd love to see the hotswitch mappable to the tap tempo switch since I'll be using midi clock sync rendering my tap tempo button useless.

When MIDI clock is on, you cannot tap tempo anymore. It's disabled regardless if Tap is mapped to whatever controller. However, if you turn off Tempo mode (that rectangular button in H9 Control, or you can press the right FSW+PRESETS button), you can still use the Tap button on your H9 or in H9 Control, or mapped to whatever MIDI or Aux switch.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.