H9 input / output mono/stereo question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 input / output mono/stereo question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      chris.veitch

Hi,

Hoping fro some wise words here. I use my H9 in an amp fx loop and run a second amp off the output 2 to get full benefit of stereo effects. only problem is it also outputs my amp signal when H9 is bypassed which I don’t want. Is there any way to stop this?

Also I would like if possible to keep the DSP+FX so i get the fx trail remaining whihc is really cool.

Any help appreciated!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You could try Killdry, which will mute the output when it is bypassed. Not sure what you want it to do.

chris.veitch

Hi Nick,

I tried kill dry but it also muted output 1 so I had no guitar signal going to the amp at all.

What I’m after is output 2 being muted so I just get my guitar tone (no effect) through output 1. Then when I use an H9 effect, output 2 kicks in so I get stereo which goes to a second amp.

I’m trying to avoid having the second amp also broadcasting the mono (no effect) guitar tone as I’ve already got that coming out of my main amp.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Only thing I can think of is using the WET/DRY routing option on the H9.  But you would need to setup up two presets of each effect:

One presets would be in STEREO mode for full effects (the ACTIVE state preset).

The second would be saved with WET/DRY 2 and a MIX level of 0 (the BYPASS state).  The dry signal would come out of ouput 1 and the wet signal (which has a MIX of 0) would ouput nothing on output 2.

This sounds very tedious to incorporate for all presets and wouldn't work for most MODFACTOR algorithms since most don't have a mix control.

I hope this helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.