H9 Midi Clock to Multiple Channels

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Midi Clock to Multiple Channels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ytolyccuz

Hi,

I have a musicomlab efx mkiii+ as my main midi controller. I am sending out the midi signals to 3 devices on their own midi channel.

Channel 3: H9 Core

Channel 2: H9 Max

Channel 1: Strymon Timeline

Here is how the midi signal flows. The numbers in ( ) indicate the midi channel:

Musicomlab -> H9 Core (3) -> H9 Max (2) -> Strymon Timeline (1) -> External Midi Device (4)

Question 1: If I enable the midi clock out from the H9 Core, how do I set it up for the other 2 channels to recieve the midi clock?

The whole logic why I’m asking this is because I want to use the H9 Core’s Tap tempo footswitch to be able to update the already synched tempo.

Question 2: How do I set it up to be able to update the synched tempo (across all 3 devices) with new tap tempo set by the H9 Core? 

Question 3: Is the H9’s tap tempo footswitch robust enough to handle frequent taps?

If these questions have been asked before, my apologies. I’m quite new to the H9 and I would appreciate your guidance.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Ian

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      Ytolyccuz wrote:

Question 1: If I enable the midi clock out from the H9 Core, how do I set it up for the other 2 channels to recieve the midi clock?

MIDIclock is not channel dependent, so you should not have to do anything.

Ytolyccuz wrote:

Question 2: How do I set it up to be able to update the synched tempo (across all 3 devices) with new tap tempo set by the H9 Core? 

Sorry – don't undestand the question.

Ytolyccuz wrote:

Question 3: Is the H9's tap tempo footswitch robust enough to handle frequent taps?

Anything will wear out in time, or break if abused, but the switch is fairly rugged and can easily be replaced.

Ytolyccuz
        Ytolyccuz wrote:

Hi Nickrose,

Glad to know it’s a lot simpler than I worried it to be. On my 2nd question, I just want to make sure that once the presets change, I assume that the midi clock shall synchronize the pedals on their new tempo. Assuming that this is correct, I am hoping that the H9 core’s tap tempo overrides preset synchronized tempo.

Please confirm if this is the case. 

Thanks!

Regards,

Ian

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is a Global Tempo setting. If this is ON, the system tempo (set by MIDIclock as you describe), with overpower the tempo set when the preset was saved.

So, this should do as you wish.

Ytolyccuz
        nickrose wrote:

There is a Global Tempo setting. If this is ON, the system tempo (set by MIDIclock as you describe), with overpower the tempo set when the preset was saved.

So, this should do as you wish.

Thanks Nickrose! It’s now working.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.