H9 Midi Expression Pedal with RJM Mastermind PBC

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Midi Expression Pedal with RJM Mastermind PBC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      pangloss
      Participant

Folks,

I’m using two H9’s with an RJM Mastermind PBC and I’m seeing some weird behavior while trying to setup sending expression pedal data over midi.

• My expression pedal is plugged into the Mastermind PBC and the PBC can send midi data to both H9’s without incident.
      • Also, midi expression pedal data IS getting through to both units…I rock the pedal back and forth and I see the data changes on the displays…so I must have things set up properly, at least to a basic extent.

The problem I’m having is that when I go heel down, I get an entirely dry signal AND all audio is only coming out of the left channel…zero output from the right channel. When I move the expression pedal down towards the toe, the sound fills in from both channels and the preset effect comes in. I thought this might be a specific to the preset I selected however, this doesn’t peer to be true…the same behavior is manifesting with all presents I try. Yes, I am running the pedal in stereo mode…stereo in and out. If I remove the expression pedal entirely from my preset definition, everything works/sounds perfect. 

I’m using CC 1 as my expression pedal data channel. Also, one odd thing I’ve noticed is that the RJM Mastermind PBC seems to think that expression pedal data should be sent to my H9’s on CC 17 . The PBC comes with lots of definitions for popular devices and the H9 is in the list…see image below. I set the expression pedal data to CC 1, by following the directions I’ve seen in several places, including this forum.

Does anyone have any idea what I’m missed or screwed up?

Thanks,,

–Stefan

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are you saying that you mapped CC 1 to "Set expression pedal value (aka HotKnob value)"?

Could you please connect your H9 to H9 Control and show me the attached 2 screenshots? Does the ribbon move when you move your EXP pedal? What does the "Assign MIDI CC messages to pedal functions" page look like?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.