H9 question for Eventide folks

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 question for Eventide folks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      air621
      Participant

Is it possible to add that one feature that everyone who owns a H9 would like? Will it ever be possible to be able to create presets with more than one algorhythm?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This has been covered in the past, but …

The H9 was designed to run a single algorithm, each one of which uses most of its resources. Presumably we could make it run two weedy algorithms, but what would be the point ?

Also, you would not have enough controls to support them. For example, how would you bypass one algorithm and not the other?

spaceJam
        nickrose wrote:

Also, you would not have enough controls to support them. For example, how would you bypass one algorithm and not the other?

MIDI or AUX.

I’m just kidding of course =(

air621
      Participant

Thanks. I thought there may be some kind of processing limitation. I was thinking that it would be more for creating presets. And then I thought that you could set the expression pedal to mix the blend of say two different algos

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right in that processing power is a factor (no pun).

Our algorithm designers have a tendency to use all the power they are given, and there is rarely much left over.

They would probably quit en masse if they were told they could only use half the power. And those who were left would produce the weedy algorithms I mentioned earlier.

air621
      Participant

And if you’re gonna do that, may as well use cheaper materials, then raise the prices by 150%

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'll pass your suggestion on to Management – they may well appreciate it…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.