H9 Rotary Foot Switch 2 Not Working Properly

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Rotary Foot Switch 2 Not Working Properly

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sleiweke
      Participant

So let me see if I can accurately describe this:

I have a external momentary foot switch that I’m using via the rear panel expression/switch input.  I have it wired to tip.   I’ve got into System Mode / Aux Switch and set the control destination for Foot switch 2 – tip.     

I know it’s working because in all my delay presets, such as a tape delay setting, the switch correctly turns the repeat function (foot switch 2 on the H9 control app window) on AND off when pressed.  The display of the H9 confirms this.  

Now when I switch to the Rotary Speaker Effect, and I use my external foot switch,  rather than controlling the fast/slow switch shown on screen (foot switch 2 on the H9 control app window) the switch seems to be controlling a rotary brake function.  (on a Leslie the brake would stop all the rotation of the speakers)  The display of the H9 confirms this with the word ‘brake’ displayed.   The kicker here is, when I hit the foot switch again, the brake will not disengage.  It stays on and I can’t turn it off.   

So here’s my question:  Is this a bug?  Or is this correct operation for this algorithm?   

It seems to me, and it would be very VERY useful for this to actually control the fast/slow function of the rotary Leslie effect like a real Leslie.  Using the expression pedal is ok, but your don’t get the natural, gradual slowing down and speeding up that you get when you use the H9 control up and press the virtual button for foot switch 2.  

Can anyone else confirm this?  Perhaps I’m doing something wrong here.  

Thanks all!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should be able to direct your switch to the BRK (BRaKe) function – this is the one you want.

Edit:  I'm confusing myself – on H9 this is called PSW (Performance SWitch), as it can be different things for different algorithms.

sleiweke
        Participant

I have tried this as well, and it functions the exact same way.  Once pressed it initiates the brake function and will not allow you to turn it off.  It does not control the slow/fast leslie functionfunction.  

I can’t fnd a way to control it.  And the fact that the switch only initiates the brake function, and won’t let you turn the brake off, leads me to believe there might be a bug somewhere.

nickrose wrote:

You should be able to direct your switch to the BRK (BRaKe) function – this is the one you want.

Edit:  I’m confusing myself – on H9 this is called PSW (Performance SWitch), as it can be different things for different algorithms.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm going to guess that you are using a latching switch – it needs to be a momentary type (press on, release off).

sleiweke
      Participant

I am using a momenty switch.  It is not a latching switch like a pedal on off switch.  

When I use the switch with other patches, it functions correctly.  It does not function properly with the rotary speaker effect.  

If you would like me to provide a number where I can be reached to work throught this with you, I would be happy to share it.

Thanks again for you time and help

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It works as I would expect. With EXPTIP set to SWITCH, I connect a FS300 switch with a TRS cable, and set PSW to RNG.

When I press and hold  the switch it shows BRAKE. If I press and quickly release, it shows BRAKE briefly and then toggles between FAST and SLOW. Maybe you are confusing yourself by holding down the switch too long – it has a sort of dual function which takes a little getting used to.

sleiweke
      Participant

Well, I do have a big fat foot.  Let me mess with it some more and see if that’s the problem.  

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.