H9 Rotary Knob problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 Rotary Knob problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Joszwa80

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has a solution for my H9. I have 2 and the other is working fine so i know its not a power issue or whatever. My 2 H9s are controlled by FreeTheTone ARC53M switcher and everything is fine but when i try to turn the knob to scroll to a preset say from preset 7 it'll do this weird thing where it just goes 7-8-7-8-7-8-7-8-7-8-7-8 etc. If i press the X button to change the mix manually it wouldn't move at all. Any solution for this would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

gkellum
      Participant

Could you send an email to support@eventide.com and copy and paste this forum post into the email? This unfortunately may be the sort of problem where you might need to send your unit into us.

Joszwa80

Hi, i sent yesterday morning and haven't gotten a reply. Any chance i can get a faster solution? 🙂

I know u guys are busy sorry i just hv a lot of gigs lined up and i do need the H9 to work. Thx guys.

gkellum
      Participant

Well, here are some things you can try immediately which might help. (1) try using the Eventide power supply as under powering an H9 can cause all kinds of weird behavior (2) restore your H9 to its system settings by turning it off and then turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch pressed (the HotKnob switch is the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9). This will reset your system settings which will wipe out any MIDI mappings you might have set up but it won't affect the preset list on your H9.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I fear that it is probably a bad encoder or solder joint in that area, and it will almost certainly have to be serviced. Sorry.

Joszwa80

Hi guys I tried the suggestions above and unfortunately it didn't work. 

I did ask my dealer here and they said they will get it fixed locally. Is that the normal procedure? Is there any possibility for a 1 for 1 replacement? Just wanted to make sure with you guys. As I've mentioned I am in Singapore so having my H9 serviced for a couple months including shipping time will definitely hurt my work flow. 

Any suggestions guys? Appreciate the help and prompt reply.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The encoder circuitry is not complex, so if you have a serious local guy, it would be worth having him look at it.

Joszwa80

Hey Nick, ok my guitar tech is the guy that builds Goosesoniqueworks Seventh Heaven pedals so thats the most reliable person i'd trust with the service. He did ask that you guys send for the rotary encoder though and he'll replace it. Do i need to replace it or is it just a soldering issue? Thx again.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

joszwa80:

Do i need to replace it or is it just a soldering issue?

Can't know without having the unit in front of me. A decent tech will be able to tell you in 5 minutes.

Joszwa80

Hi Nick, finally got a chance to hv it checked by my tech and the encoder isn't working. How should we proceed w the replacement ? 

Thx much.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you contact the nice man at support@eventide.com, he will probably send you an encoder if your guy can change it. Otherwise you will have to send the unit in.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.