h9 vs FactorLib List Management

Home Forums Products Stompboxes h9 vs FactorLib List Management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mturner

OK, Since Factorlib isn’t supported anymore, I upgraded to H9 Control for use with my TimeFactor stompbox.

Maybe I’m just slow on the uptake but preset list management makes no sense at all in H9 control.

With FactorLib, I could keep a master list on my Mac and just drag and drop presets to another list that I could download to the pedal. The master list was just numeric but I could manually order it. Simple, easy, intuitive.

With H9 Control, there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to copy presets from one list to another. I have to load my master list on to the pedal and then create a new show list, select edit, and then copy presets back from the pedal.  This is very inefficient.

I ceate presets for specific songs. With FactorLib, all I had to do was know the name of a song to find the preset. With H9 Control, I have to know which algorithm is used fpr the song in order to find the preset since I can only see presets for teh selcted algorithm when building a list. That is about the most unfriendly way I’ve ever seen to organize data.  That would be like ordering text documents by the font you used. It makes for a cool demo but is not practical for every day use,

Please tell me I’m just missing something here and point me in the right direction. (I watched the videos and they don’t address this issue).

Mark

gkellum
      Participant
      mturner wrote:

With H9 Control, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to copy presets from one list to another. I have to load my master list on to the pedal and then create a new show list, select edit, and then copy presets back from the pedal.  This is very inefficient.

You can copy presets from one list to another in H9 Control. The quickest way to do this is in the preset list overview screen (not the Edit List screen) click on a preset to select it and use CTRL-C on Windows or CMD-C on Mac to copy it. Then, go to the list you want to paste it to, select the preset position you want to paste it to, and use CTLR-V on Windows or CMD-V on Mac to paste it.

mturner wrote:

I ceate presets for specific songs. With FactorLib, all I had to do was know the name of a song to find the preset. With H9 Control, I have to know which algorithm is used fpr the song in order to find the preset since I can only see presets for teh selcted algorithm when building a list. That is about the most unfriendly way I've ever seen to organize data.  

We've talked about adding a way to see just your user presets and adding a way to see favorited presets.  This should solve the problem you're describing… Although for now, you could as before create a master list with your favorite presets.

mturner

Well, I think I may have answered my own question.

When managing preset lists it appears that you see every preset in every list as a source preset that can be dragged into the current list being edited.

By clicking on the magical “View” buttons, you can eventually get to a vieew in Preset List Edit mode that lists every preset by title instead of grouping them by algortihm.

This seems a bit more convoluted than FactorLib was but I suppose much of it is driven by the somewhat limited UI options on a tablet.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.