H9 will not Connect to New Macbook Pro Sierra

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 will not Connect to New Macbook Pro Sierra

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      mkravit

Receved a new MacBook Pro running Sierra V. 10.12.5.

Neither of the H9’s I own are recognized in the Bluetooth Utility. That is, they don’t even show up in the dialog box. Tried rebooting the MacBook, turning bluetooth on and off at both the Macbook Pro and the H9’s,  and everything else I can think of. 

They do however connect via USB to the MacBook and to my iPad via Bluetooth.

Need this working as soon as possible as it’s a pain to not be able to use my MacBook Pro.

Mike

silver_mica
      Participant

I have similar problem.  I’ve been using Control with my iPad Air 2 for a couple of years – works well with both of my H9 pedals connected via Bluetooth simultaneously.   Recently I installed Control on my 2015 MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6 – but was never able to connect to either pedal. Only one of two pedals show up in the blue tooth area of my MacBook (System Preferences –> Bluetooth).  When I try to connect to the available bluetooth I get an error.   I have two MacBook Pro laptops each running Sierra and neither MacBook could connect to any of my H9 pedals.   

mkravit wrote:

Receved a new MacBook Pro running Sierra V. 10.12.5.

Neither of the H9’s I own are recognized in the Bluetooth Utility. That is, they don’t even show up in the dialog box. Tried rebooting the MacBook, turning bluetooth on and off at both the Macbook Pro and the H9’s,  and everything else I can think of. 

They do however connect via USB to the MacBook and to my iPad via Bluetooth.

Need this working as soon as possible as it’s a pain to not be able to use my MacBook Pro.

Mike

mkravit

This is exactly my issue.

In fact, I brought both H9s to my office and tried to connect to 5 different iMacs. Same issue.
      In my mind, Eventide is not stepping up to the plate to resolve this issue. They just say the same thing about reading their Bluetooth issue faqs.

I sold two of my three h9s because of this. I would love to repurchase but I really need a resolution to this problem. Every other Bluetooth device I tried works perfectly including earphones, TVs and speakers.

Mike

gkellum
        Participant
        mkravit wrote:

In my mind, Eventide is not stepping up to the plate to resolve this issue. They just say the same thing about reading their Bluetooth issue faqs.

Well, you have to keep in mind that we're using Apple's recommended Bluetooth chip, and it's Apple's OS that isn't finding the Bluetooth chip when you scan for it.  Our own hardware, the H9, and our software app, H9 Control, aren't involved in anything that's happening at that level.  The discovery and pairing is handled by the firmware of both Bluetooth chip's microcontrollers.

What we can do and what we have suggested to other people who've experienced this problem is we've asked them to create a log of their Bluetooth chips activity so that we can submit it in a bug report to Apple.  If you can do so, please email me the log at my username plus @eventide.com.  The Bluetooth logs are quite large.  So, you'll need to use a free service like wetransfer.com to send it.

Here are Apple's instructions for creating such a log:

Bluetooth Logs For issues with Bluetooth on macOS, please follow the instructions below to gather logging.

1. Execute this command in Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/) while the issue is occurring:

sudo /System/Library/Frameworks/IOBluetooth.framework/Resources/BluetoothReporter

(Be patient. This command will take around five minutes to execute.)

2. Attach the BluetoothReporter diagnostics .zip archive that will be found on the Desktop to your bug report.

mkravit

I will certainly create the log file and forward it.

Although I hear what you are saying, it’s only the H9 that isn’t recognized by the Mac.
      There has to be an issue that is responsible for this. I hear complaints from lots of folks that continue to have this issue.

Really hope it’s resolved very soon.
      Thanks for responding.

mkravit

Created the log file and it is being emailed to you shortly.

gkellum
        Participant
        mkravit wrote:

Created the log file and it is being emailed to you shortly.

Terrific, thanks I downloaded the log file your made and created a bug report with Apple for the issue.  In the past they've been surprisingly responsive about looking into problems.  So, hopefully, we'll get to the bottom of this soon.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Having already created a helpdesk ticket with Eventide Support (Jerome), I have now sent a couple Bluetooth logs. I use a Macbook Pro (early 2015) 13″ Retina. I can only pair one or the other. If I try to pair the second after having already paired the first, I lose Bluetooth comms with both. I need to be able to use Bluetooth to both H9’s, as they are connected to other MIDI pedals.

gkellum
        Participant
        wilkinsi wrote:

Having already created a helpdesk ticket with Eventide Support (Jerome), I have now sent a couple Bluetooth logs. I use a Macbook Pro (early 2015) 13" Retina. I can only pair one or the other. If I try to pair the second after having already paired the first, I lose Bluetooth comms with both. I need to be able to use Bluetooth to both H9's, as they are connected to other MIDI pedals.

Would you mind sending the Bluetooth logs to me?  My email address is my forum user name plus @eventide.com.  And could you let me know what OS you have installed on your Mac?

wilkinsi
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

wilkinsi wrote:

Having already created a helpdesk ticket with Eventide Support (Jerome), I have now sent a couple Bluetooth logs. I use a Macbook Pro (early 2015) 13″ Retina. I can only pair one or the other. If I try to pair the second after having already paired the first, I lose Bluetooth comms with both. I need to be able to use Bluetooth to both H9’s, as they are connected to other MIDI pedals.

Would you mind sending the Bluetooth logs to me?  My email address is my forum user name plus @eventide.com.  And could you let me know what OS you have installed on your Mac?

I’ve had to use Dropbox to send them to you. Thanks.

mkravit

So I realize it has only been a few weeks, but I hop there will be a resolution soon.

Someone told me that if a Macbook Pro is run with it’s cover closed (erxternal monitor) the bluetooth antenna may not be extremely effcient. I tried using it both ways and still have the same issue.

Besides, the iMac does the same thing and can not locate the H9 Max.

There seems to be an epidemic of people having this issue. Eventide really need to get on the Apple’s case and get this resolved. It’s either Apples issue ort Eventides issue, and certainly shouldn’t be the consumers issue.

I have been working around this by utilizing a USB cable bit obviously can’t connect more than one at a time.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        mkravit wrote:
        Eventide really need to get on the Apple's case and get this resolved.

I understand your frustration, but you over-emphasize the effect Eventide can have on an 800 billion dollar company.

gkellum
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

I understand your frustration, but you over-emphasize the effect Eventide can have on an 800 billion dollar company.

Yeah, Apple actually has been responsive every time we've reported a problem with them.  What's been difficult is we can't reproduce these problems ourselves.  So, in the past what's happened with a similar issue on iOS is Apple has asked us to verify if a new release fixes a problem.  We've asked the people who told us about the problem to see if the new release fixes the problem, and if not, to send us another Bluetooth log.  They didn't respond.  So, Apple marked the issue as fixed and closed the bug ticket.  Then, other users complained later on about still having connectivity issues, but when we asked them to send us a Bluetooth log, they didn't…

As long as people stay in touch with us and help us give Apple what they need, I think we'll be able to get this issue fixed.

gkellum
        Participant
        mkravit wrote:

I have been working around this by utilizing a USB cable bit obviously can't connect more than one at a time.

You can actually connect to multiple H9s via USB.  Each one shows up as a MIDI device.  You can even connect multiple H9s to a USB hub attached to your Mac, although this doesn't work with every USB port unfortunately…

mtbsteve

So we have had two H9 control updates recently is it a coincidence that my ipad pro cannot connect properly to either of my H9’s now?

I have recording and gigs and rely on these pedals and this weekend has been a whitewash!

Have Apple done something to muck the connectivity up?

silver_mica
        Participant

@mtbsteve –  I’ve been making a point of learning to use the H9 without Control – spefically for live situations.   My decision didn’t have anything to do with connectivity issues, Control works fine with my iPad and both my H9s, I just wanted to be sure I’m not fumbling onstage or at practice.   But, at the same time I wouldn’t want to be stymied if something were to suddenly go wrong with Control.   My goal is to be equally as comfortable with either interface – the H9 or Control. 

mtbsteve wrote:

So we have had two H9 control updates recently is it a coincidence that my ipad pro cannot connect properly to either of my H9’s now?

I have recording and gigs and rely on these pedals and this weekend has been a whitewash!

Have Apple done something to muck the connectivity up?

mkravit

NickRose

I trully appreciate your thoughts on Apples size and value. However, if Eventide creates a product that utilized MacOS and iOS Bluetooth then then need to ensure it will worl correctly. If not, find an alterantive methodology, perhaps wifi.  

I am not a techno geek and have no idea what I am talking about, other than this whole situation is unacceptable.

Thanks

wilkinsi
      Participant

I thought I’d try conecting both H9’s via USB, but then found using the “Connect MIDI device to Eventide Stompbox: in settings in H9 Control no longer works for either of the two H9’s. I then reverted to disconnecting one of them from USB and pairing it via Bluetooth allowed MIDI commands from my L6 Helix to reach both H9’s again.

At current, my MIDI cables run in series: Helix > H9 Max > H9 Core > Andromeda. For the H9 Core, connected via USB, the “Connect MIDI device to Eventide stompbox” works again, but only because the H9 Core is now paired vie Bluetooth instead of USB.

I could try running the Helix into my MOTU Micro Express MIDI/USB interface instead of daisy chaining MIDI. It has 4x MIDI inputs and 6x MIDI outputs, so I could send MIDI commands from Helix to the other pedals in parallel instead of series (no THRU needed). The question is, would this really work? What have I forgotten?

gkellum
        Participant
        wilkinsi wrote:

I could try running the Helix into my MOTU Micro Express MIDI/USB interface instead of daisy chaining MIDI. It has 4x MIDI inputs and 6x MIDI outputs, so I could send MIDI commands from Helix to the other pedals in parallel instead of series (no THRU needed). The question is, would this really work? What have I forgotten?

Sorry, I just saw your post.  This might work.  Does each MIDI input and output pair show up as an individual MIDI device or not?  If not, both H9s might be receiving the messages intended for the other H9 which would cause problems.  One might receive a message intended for the other from H9 Control and return an error to H9 Control for instance.

gkellum
      Participant

Mahler007 posted in this thread that deleting his Bluetooth preference files cleared up a problem he had connecting his Mac running Sierra to his H9.  Maybe the same trick might be helpful for other people having problems on Sierra or High Sierra?

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/bluetooth-pairing-h9-and-mac-os-sierra#comment-31637

mahler007
      Participant

I just added a post to the forum describing my same issue with the H9 and Bluetooth within Mac Sierra. I found a work around, which is to trash these preferences and then restart:

/Library/Preferences/

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost

Upon restarting and opening the Bluetooth System Prefs, you will have to wait for the H9 to be recognized and then re-enter the PIN. After that, pairing works fine, and H9 Control works splendidly. The bad news is that if you disconnect the two by shutting down your computer, putting it to sleep, or restarting, the H9 will fail to pair and you have to trash the prefs, restart, and reconnect all over again.

This has been my experience, FWIW.

Best,

Andrew M. Lee

wilkinsi
      Participant

I’ve just upgraded from a 20″ to a 27″ monitor, connected via HDMI to DVI adapter, the same as how the 20″ was connected. Could it be coincidental or is this somehow making it harder for H9 Control to co-operate without crashing and failing to pair even ONE H9? This is extremely irritating now.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I’m beginning to wonder if this is just an Apple Bluetooth issue. I have completely initialized both H9’s, updated OS X to 10.13.2, and cannot use “connect MIDI device to Eventide stompbox” anymore without H9 Control “quitting expectedly”. WTF are Apple are doing?! 

mkravit

I have given up……took a loss and sold all of my H9’s.

No longer have the time nor inlcination to fight with the H9.  As mentioned before, I have absolutely no probems with other Bluetooth devices and my Mac’s. 

glorioso

I currently have this same problem. My new H9 will not STAY connected to my Macbook Pro running High Sierra. It will connect and work for a little while but ALWAYS looses connection.

Any updates here?

george@coller.com
      Participant

I feel the frustration of users who are having connection issues.  I do want to say that there must be something else in the mix (old settings from an upgrade or something like that) because with a relatively new iMac running the latest Sierra I can connect to both H9s and it appears solid.

Often I’ll have to toggle the H9 bluetooth off and then on again (pressing the XYZ buttons simultaneously) before connecting, which seems to resolve most of my issues.

My iPhone and old iPad mini seem to connect easily as well.

I’m not trying to dismiss the issues those above are facing, just add that for some reason I’m not having those issues with my various Apple gear.

wilkinsi
        Participant

I feel the frustration of users who are having connection issues.  I do want to say that there must be something else in the mix (old settings from an upgrade or something like that) because with a relatively new iMac running the latest Sierra I can connect to both H9s and it appears solid.

Often I’ll have to toggle the H9 bluetooth off and then on again (pressing the XYZ buttons simultaneously) before connecting, which seems to resolve most of my issues.

My iPhone and old iPad mini seem to connect easily as well.

I’m not trying to dismiss the issues those above are facing, just add that for some reason I’m not having those issues with my various Apple gear.

I believe I read somewhere the Bluetooth spec differs on older/newer Macs. Are you using 2017 Apple devices to pair multiple H9’s via H9 Control? I wonder if its this spec that might be somehow contributing to this Bluetooth pairing issue.

george@coller.com
      Participant

I bought a 2017 imac this last December so it is relatively new. Before that I used a three year old macbook pro laptop. I sometimes use a five year old ipad mini or my iphone 8 plus.

Pretty big variety of devices.

I wouldn’t say I never had issues but usually a restart of both the laptop and H9 would fix it.

I didn’t learn the reset bluetooth on H9 with the XYZ buttons till recently, which seems to resolve things quicker for me.

I wonder if those having trouble can conmect to any device or maybe their particular H9 is funky somehow?

I have two H9s and haven’t noticed one beiing easier to connect than the other.

wilkinsi
      Participant

For the first time ever in my experience, I was able to get both H9’s paired to my early 2015 Macbook Pro 13″ Retina, running OS X 10.13.2. This was a one off, because I haven’t been able to since. It just wipes out the Bluetooth connection to both H9’s when I try to pair the second H9. So, back to square one. This is not an issue when using the beta Android app.

mkravit
        wilkinsi wrote:

For the first time ever in my experience, I was able to get both H9’s paired to my early 2015 Macbook Pro 13″ Retina, running OS X 10.13.2. This was a one off, because I haven’t been able to since. It just wipes out the Bluetooth connection to both H9’s when I try to pair the second H9. So, back to square one. This is not an issue when using the beta Android app.

I have been fighting this foa bout a year. I sent Eventide log files and have not heard anything in return. With that said, I do believe this is both an Eventide H9 and Apple issue. I say this becasue my ipads connect fine. Recently I got a new MacBook Pro for my office. I decided to give it a shot and it connected via Bluetooth perfectly. That is, until I moved it more than a 3 feet from my pedalboard.

Sometimes, I have the H9 on my amp and my ipad is 15 or 20′ across the stage on a mic stand.

I believe that the apple Bluetooth antenna may be of some concern and the Bluetooth transmitter in the Ho9 may also play a part. No scientific evidence here, just my gut feelings.

maxwellduhr
      Participant

Hey all. I’ve been having this same problem for months. Incredibly frustrating indeed. I can sometimes get it connected, but it usually requires a restart of my mac mini and of the H9.

I finally discovered this trick that seems to work every time and doesn’t require a restart. Hold down option-shift and click on the bluetooth icon in the task bar. You’ll now see a “Debug” sub menu. Click “Reset the Bluetooth Module” and then try connecting via the H9 control app. This has worked great for me. Again, not ideal but at least it doesn’t require a reboot and/or clicking “connect” 20x until it works…

See attached screenshot.

jaredrodgers
        Participant

THis worked for me and no issues so far since. thanks

maxwellduhr wrote:

Hey all. I’ve been having this same problem for months. Incredibly frustrating indeed. I can sometimes get it connected, but it usually requires a restart of my mac mini and of the H9.

I finally discovered this trick that seems to work every time and doesn’t require a restart. Hold down option-shift and click on the bluetooth icon in the task bar. You’ll now see a “Debug” sub menu. Click “Reset the Bluetooth Module” and then try connecting via the H9 control app. This has worked great for me. Again, not ideal but at least it doesn’t require a reboot and/or clicking “connect” 20x until it works…

See attached screenshot.

maxwellduhr
      Participant

Whelp, forget my comment above. It seemd to work for a few days but now I’m back into the same state of bluetooth almost never working w/o a reboot and even that doesn’t work sometimes.

Finding myself not using the H9 for home recording much anymore due to this. I really wish this could get prioritized and fixed. It’s a huge bummer.

mahler007
        Participant
        maxwellduhr wrote:
        Whelp, forget my comment above. It seemd to work for a few days but now I’m back into the same state of bluetooth almost never working w/o a reboot and even that doesn’t work sometimes. 

I had a similar situation. After getting it to work only by deleting various Blue Toothe prefs and restarting, it eventually just stopped working, no matter what I did. 

BUT…

Then Eventide came out ith the Beta version of H9 control for Android, which works great! Honestly, I would much rather use the app on my phone than the one on the computer, as it’s much less bulky. Do you own a smart phone? If so, I recommend ditching the computer and going with the app on your phone. I hope that it might work fo you, too.

Cheers,

Andrew

maxwellduhr
      Participant

Yeah, I mostly use my H9 for recording via an insert track in my DAW so using an external controller isn’t ideal. I’ve now hooked it up via USB and am using midi and it seems pretty solid.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I was starting to contemplate buying an iPad or iPad Pro. But I need more than just the ability to wirelessly access both H9’s to justify spending that kind of money that could potentially buy me another piece of music gear.

wilkinsi
      Participant

This Bluetooth is still driving me up the wall. Its clearly an OS X problem. I can pair my Android phone to either my H9 Max or Boss GT1000 using the appropriate app, but can only pair the H9 with the Macbook Pro if I literally sit the H9 on top of the Macbook! I don’t ever recall having any problems until I put High Sierra on. I would gladly go back to 10.12 (or even 10.11) if I could get everything back to normal. I expect Apple will just say “Oh, its your music hardware at fault” or “Updating to the latest High Sierra will fix it”. No it pigging won’t!!

wilkinsi
      Participant

Thought I’d give this another go. OK…

If I place the H9 MAX approx 1m away from the Macbook Pro, the Mac will see it but complain “…due to an error (but will not tell the user why, just to tempt me to start punching/kicking”. But, if I place the H9 MAX directly on top of the bloody Macbook, it will pair via Bluetooth. If I then move the H9 1m away (after pairing via Bluetooth), the H9 MAX will still respond to H9 Control. Figure that one out!surprise

mooncaine

I’ve paired it with my MacBook Pro (sierra) a dozen times now. It reports success, but the H9 doesn’t stay connected, according to the MBP Bluetooth prefs, for more than a minute or so. The H9 control app on the Mac never ‘sees’ it, even when it says connected (after pairing).

After a few minutes, the device shows a ‘Pair’ button again in Bluetooth prefs… but I just paired it and it agreed we were paired, a minute ago!

Meanwhile, the Android app connects fine from my phone.

mooncaine

My H9 did eventually connect and update after many tries. Whew! Now it’s connected and H9 Control reports that it’s got the latest software.

Moderators, if you want to delete this and my prior message from the public thread, that’s fine. I posted because I wanted help, but I see that it’s working now. Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

We got an email from Apple about our bug report of these Bluetooth connectivity problems on Mac.  They asked us to check whether they still occur in their latest version of macOS: Mojave 10.14 beta 9 

Unfortunately, we were never able to reproduce these problems with any of our in house Macs.  So, we can't actually check if Mojave 10.14 beta 9 helps with the problem.

But if any of you have a chance to try out Mojave either now or after it's officially released, please let us know if it helps with these Bluetooth connectivity problems.

flamefork

Just to add data.

I had a problem connecting to H9 via Bluetooth. The approach from this topic worked. I placed H9 really close (like 5-10cm) to the mac, initiated the connection, it went successfully and now I have zero problems connecting it at any distance reasonable for Bluetooth operation (like up to 3m maybe).

Adamalthus
      Participant

I can confirm that connecting via bluetooth from Mohave 10.14 to my brand new H9 does not appear to work. The H9 shows up in the bluetooth preferences as a new device (With the correct serial number). Cliking on ‘connect’ results in long wait followed by a ‘Could not connect to this device error’ 

It seems astonishing that an issue reported so long ago is still plaguing Mac users who not unreasonbly want to connect to their H9s.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Adamalthus wrote:

I can confirm that connecting via bluetooth from Mohave 10.14 to my brand new H9 does not appear to work. The H9 shows up in the bluetooth preferences as a new device (With the correct serial number). Cliking on 'connect' results in long wait followed by a 'Could not connect to this device error' 

Were you prompted to type in a paring passcode? Have you tried to connect to your H9 in H9 Control by clicking "Manually select a device" and "Connect via Bluetooth"?

gkellum
        Participant
        Adamalthus wrote:

I can confirm that connecting via bluetooth from Mohave 10.14 to my brand new H9 does not appear to work. The H9 shows up in the bluetooth preferences as a new device (With the correct serial number). Cliking on 'connect' results in long wait followed by a 'Could not connect to this device error' 

It can also be helpful to restart your H9 with the HotKnob pressed (the switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9). That will clear its system settings which can help with some Bluetooth connectivity issues.  

The H9 Control manual has some trouble shooting tips in its connectivity section at the beginning of the manual:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

Let us know if you continue to have problems. Unfortunately, we are limited in what we can do about these problems.  Apple implements the Bluetooth connectivity layer on macOS, and the H9 is using a Bluetooth chip recommended by Apple.  So, when there are problems with connectivity that cannot be solved by the standard trouble shooting tips, we ask users to capture a Bluetooth diagnostic log so we can submit it in a bug report to Apple.

Adamalthus
      Participant

Mike – Thanks for the reply and suggestions. As it turns out I was able to fix the issue based on @flamefork’s suggestion in the thread. Just for the heck of it I moved my H9 and sat it next to my Mac and they were able to connect. So problem solved.

From an engineering perspective this raises an issue about the blutetooth radio implementation in the H9. In its regular placement the H9 is no more than two feet away from my mac. That’s well within standard bluetooth range. The fact that the H9 shows up during bluetooth discovery shows that the Mac is able to see the signal. However, there appears to be some interference or signal issue which prevents the connection/authentication protocol from completing successfully.

It remains to be seen how reliable the BT connection remains now that the H( is back in its regular location.

Thanks again 

batchas

IMHO opinion, as a customer (but not anymore after that), it is simply unacceptable that Eventide asks his customers to handle the issue. Every gear I ever owned with bluetooth, even the cheapest chinese crap can connect to my macBook Pro. The only one not wanted to connect to my macBook Pro after paring passcode is accepted is the H9. It connects without issue with iPhone and iPad, but not with the computer, the gear I am uing in studio. Definitely not happy with Eventide product.

batchas

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I of course tried everything and lost 4 hours taking all steps listed in this thread and in the manual before deciding to comment. Tried 2 days, then decided to give up.

4 years since the first post here.

No further comment.

batchas

BTW it does not work on Yosemite nor Sierra. I tried on my two macBook Pro. The one with Yosemite being used as development environment with differents OS simulations.

batchas
        batchas wrote:

BTW it does not work on Yosemite nor Sierra. I tried on my two macBook Pro. The one with Yosemite being used as development environment with differents OS simulations.

Oops. I meant OS emulations.

I guess I had my ex-wife in mind when I wrote simulations.

camn
      Participant

If it makes you guys feel any better…. Bluetooth with Windows is inconsistent as well.

I think Bluetooth is reliable on tablets and phones…. But we ~all~ gotta use USB for computers. Bogus if you have a midi controller, I know. Luckily, compatible tablets are pretty cheap.

batchas

Connected via USB but then “Could not reach Eventide server. Please check your network connection.” when I click onto store or want to go to Settings/Eventide Account.

My connection is of course working fine.

Okay, H9 up for sale.

batchas

Seems like this H9 Control App – Mac OSX 10.8+ Version 3.5.4 update messed up everything as nothing works anymore. No bluetooth, no server connection…

I lost so much time with this thing not working, It’s insane.

gkellum
        Participant
        batchas wrote:

Seems like this H9 Control App – Mac OSX 10.8+ Version 3.5.4 update messed up everything as nothing works anymore. No bluetooth, no server connection…

I lost so much time with this thing not working, It's insane.

Hm, I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble after installing the latest version.  I just installed it myself on my iPhone, and connecting to my H9 and registering the H9 all worked without any issues.  This latest release just had a small bug fix for a crash that could occur while working in the preset list screen.  So, there shouldn't have been any code changes that would have caused these sorts of problems.  What kind of device are you using with which OS version installed?

The H9 Control manual has a bunch of trouble shooting tips at the beginning of the manual.  I don't know what you've tried already, but it has all the tried and true tips for dealing with connectivity problems:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

Wallower

I too have had long-standing issues with the H9-to-MBP bluetooth connection, whereas the H9-to-iPad bluetooth connection is quite reliable.  I was eventually able to get my H9s to connect to my MBP after troubleshooting both devices, and ever since I’ve had decent success connecting to one H9 at a time via MBP.  But I’ve NEVER been able to get the MBP to connect to my two H9s at the same time via bluetooth.  Whenever I add a second one, the previously-connected one gets booted.

Any ideas?  Any more effort to remedy this?  This “one at a time” limitation for bluetooth on MBP has persisted for well over a year…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.