H90 Software 1.5.2

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H90 Software 1.5.2

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi all,

We’ve released H90 software 1.5.2. Please update your H90’s software.

H90 Release 1.5.2

Note: this release contains a firmware update for one of the device’s secondary processors. The first time you boot, the unit will run the firmware update – do not unplug or power off your unit during this time.

New Algorithm
      • New Algorithm – PolyFlex – a fully polyphonic version of our classic, 2-voice PitchFlex algorithm, with a few added bonuses
      • Bend a chord into a new harmony, perform polyphonic dive bombs, or achieve pedal steel-like tones
      • Fully equipped with detune, freeze, and individual controls for flexing either voice
      • The brand new Auto Engage feature allows you to preserve your dry signal while you are not flexing

System Improvements
      • System-level changes to improve expression pedal, aux switch, and Perform switch responsiveness
      • Users will notice significantly reduced latency with onboard footswitches & external controllers, especially in timing-critical scenarios
      • In addition, this eliminates a ‘steppy’ artifact that could be heard under certain circumstances when sweeping expression pedals quickly

New Features
      • Add a new Algorithm Tap feature, for tapping delay values or LFO rates into algs with Tempo Sync off
      • Allow current Play mode (Select/Bank/Perform) to save across reboots
      • Add a Program Change offset option
      • Allow Tuner to go below B0

Bug Fixes
      • Tricerachorus Env parameter
      • Dynaverb, Tremoloverb, Dualverb infinite decay setting
      • LED brightness settings save across reboots
      • Program Tempo persistence across reboots
      • Dual mode Path 2 mono/stereo detection

Shor
      Participant

I ran into a problem trying to update my H90 (I’m running Mac OS 13.3.1).

It starts the update, and then I get this an trying to copy the .os file.

h90_error

h90error_2

After this it restarts safely, but the update is failed. Retried a few times and the same results.

Shor
      Participant

(tried editing, but can’t seem to figure out how to do that on these boards?)

I had my H90 hooked up to my setup while doing the update, and my master clock was sending clock (as they do), so I disconnected the MIDI cables from my H90 and tried updating the firmware again and it worked perfectly this time round.
      Coincidence? Or is this actually something that can prevent an update? If the latter it’d be cool if it was possible to avoid having to unplug it in future updates, as I imagine many likely have theirs hooked up similarly.

Eoin OBrien
      Participant

Is it better to update the H90 first, and then the Control software, or vice versa, or does it matter?

Thanks

bobby_barf
      Participant

I have exactly the same issue with the same error message. I have tried removing the Midi cables, but still get the copy error message. I’ve raised a ticket, but not had a response yet.

jdasader
      Participant

Same issue here. Any updates?

Brice Colombier
      Participant

Hello,
      Since the MAJ, H90 don’t start anymore..

Brice Colombier
      Participant

I do the update on my computer,
      Update and software crashes and the H90 is on the same screen nothing happen:

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      thingswithstrings
      Participant

Same here….really annoying.  disconnected midi cables as well and same error message.

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 11.14.42 AM

bobby_barf
      Participant

Ok so I have raised a ticket and this is what support came back with.

I’m sorry you’re having problems. Below are some troubleshooting suggestions for getting the update to work.

1. Use Recovery Mode.

Connect the provided USB-C cable from your H90 to your computer.
      Press and hold the Select Knob, Perform Knob, and Quick Knob 1, while inserting the power cable to enter updater mode. The screen will say “Recovery Mode”.
      Open H90 Control and click “Connect”.
      Follow the on-screen instructions to update your H90.
      2. Make sure you are not using a USB hub. 

3. Make sure you are using the Eventide power supply. 

4. Make sure there are no other USB or MIDI devices attached to your computer.

5. Try a different USB cable

6. Try a different USB port.

7. Make sure no other programs are running.

8. Make sure antivirus or firewall programs are not interfering with the update.

9. Restart your computer.

10. Try a different computer.

None of this worked for me, so I have gone back to support requested further help – nothing received so far. This is clearly an issue with their upgrade package and needs fixing.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi all,

Sorry for the update issues you are experiencing. We are looking into this issue.

On macOS, please go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Files and Folders > H90 Control and make sure the Removable Volumes box is checked.

After this, attempt the update again. It may take a few tries for the update to be successful. Sorry for the inconvenience.

bobby_barf
      Participant

Thanks for the quick reply – the Removable Volumes box is already checked on my Mac, so it’s not that, I’m afraid.

cestlamort
      Participant

I was able to install the firmware without issue. (Mac OS 11.4)

Could you give more details on the Tricerachorus Env parameter bug fix? It seems that most of my (edited) Tricerachorus patches now have changed the Env Mix from 0 to -100.

Anyone else experiencing this?

apalazzolo
        Participant

I was able to install the firmware without issue. (Mac OS 11.4) Could you give more details on the Tricerachorus Env parameter bug fix? It seems that most of my (edited) Tricerachorus patches now have changed the Env Mix from 0 to -100. Anyone else experiencing this?

I don’t recall what my Tricerachorus presets had before (I suspect most were at zero), but many of my Tricerachorus presets now also have Env Mix = -100.

cestlamort
        Participant

Thanks for the confirmation. Easy enough to fix the presets, but takes a few minutes (and if you remember the env mix level – I’ll admit that was not a parameter I was using).

It was a bit puzzling as I spent the morning dialing in some stuff and then it all sounded funny in the afternoon. I double checked against a sample of presets on my H9, and the ENV mix did change on those after the update.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry for the confusion about this. The previous version of TriceraChorus had 1 parameter for mix/rate and this was not working properly. We updated this so there are now individual parameters for mix and rate. We tried to make sure that the older presets were compatible, but as you have found we missed this issue where the mix value can sometimes not carry over correctly.  We are looking into a fix for this, but you can also resave your presets with the Env Mix at 0 and that should resolve the issue.

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.

apalazzolo
        Participant

After looking at this more closely, I have a few observations.

Some of my Tricerachorus presets now have Env Mix = -100 and I have never set any presets that way.

All of my presets in which Env Mix now = -100 used to be Env Mix = Off (at the far counterclockwise rotation of the control).

It appears the new Env Mix Control doesn’t have “off” so -100 (now at the far counterclockwise rotation of the control) was applied instead.

Could it be that “off” used to be equivalent to “0” and, therefore, the update should have set these “off” values to “0” instead of “-100”?

~Tony

apalazzolo
        Participant

A few more observations:

The change from Env Mix = off to Env Mix = -100 occurred to both programs and presets.  I manually set these to Env Mix = 0 and saved them with no troubles.

I did have 1 program and 2 presets in which Env Mix did not = -100 today.  When I checked these today,  Env Mix = 0.   No correction needed.

I don’t know for sure but I suspect that my “-100 changes” were limited to programs/presets in which Env Mix was previously set to “off”.  Restated, I suspect that when I programed Env Mix = 0, things stayed that way.

Hope that helps.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Thanks for your observations. This matches up with what we have found when looking into this issue.

bobby_barf
      Participant

Hi all – Eventide have pushed a new H90 control version overnight with Mac Install bug fixes (1.3.7). This has fixed the issue for me and I am now fully up to date.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear this resolved your issue. Thanks for your patience.

klei
      Participant

where can I download 1.5.2?

klei
      Participant

never mind, had to connect the device and got the popup stating there’s a new software release..

thingswithstrings
      Participant

I had to run the installer twice, but it did in fact update.  Thanks for fixing this!

Back to making music.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Good to hear, thanks for the update!

AntCece
      Participant

Everything worked nice, I ran the H90 software on OS X but it didn’t worked. Uninstalled it and then everything worked properly, updated H90 and its Software properly.

p.s.

I’ve tried all the “poly flex” Presets, it seems that with “Lap steel”preset,  to hear something change in the guitar sound wave , you had to  switch on something on the H90 presets. Just to let you know 🙂

p.p.s

as an aged Factor series user, I would love to have the presets blank. Meaning it could be and advantage to start from zero and don’t be influenced by some presets. I know that you can move something to achieve what you want, but it could be a limit in a way to do not have this kind of feature, I.e. start a preset just loading the algorithms 🫶🏼

sukecerulo
      Participant

Thank you! so excited when myH90 booted in PERFORM mode, I was going to ask about this, but now it happens, awesome!

Joewis87
      Participant

Can anyone tell me what the latest firmware version is? I just got my h90 a couple weeks ago and i cant seem to find out what firmware version i have. In about in control is says 1.3.7 version for control and i am getting a message that says 1.4.1 is now out and requires firmware 1.5.6. i assume i have this considering when i look for updates nothing is coming up so i assume im up to date but maybe i am wrong and i need to manually install the firmware. If anyone might be able to help with this, i will then download the latest control update. Thanks

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

The latest version of H90 Control is 1.4.1 and you should update to that. The latest H90 Firmware is 1.5.6. If you click “All Releases” from the update page this will show all available releases. You can go to System Settings > About on your H90 to see what firmware it is running.

yoverme
      Participant

Before the update, it was working totally fine, but after updating H90 software and H90 control software, it cannot connect each other.

So I tried on the other computer which I’ve never connected H90 before, then, I could add the device and connect it.
      But on my laptop which I used to connect H90 before, it still shows the ‘old=not updated’ device, and because of that, I can’t connect it.
      Is there anyway that I can completely remove the old device (=not updated H90) on the H90 control and add it as a new device?
      I tried to uninstall and reinstall H90 again but the device is still there.

On Windows 11, you can’t even completely uninstall the H90 control.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The topic ‘H90 Software 1.5.2’ is closed to new replies.