How Can I tell which version of the H9 I really have?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How Can I tell which version of the H9 I really have?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it is a Core or a Max, it should say so at power up. There should also be a sticker on the box.

kcardita
        nickrose wrote:

If it is a Core or a Max, it should say so at power up. There should also be a sticker on the box.

there was no sticker on the box and it says Nothing when I power it up – so it Must be a standard – correct ?

My Max when it powers up says  H9 Max

So now that we have determined that it is the standard – how come when I first powered it on it said   NO ALG  –   I thought the standard comes with some of the ALGOs. 

Reason I am asking is that if I ever decide to sell it I want to ensure the new buyer gets the standard ALGO package

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

When they power up the very first time they can say "NO ALG" – I'm not sure why. Thereafter, all is OK.

Either way, it should not be a problem for you – the alg details for every unit are stored online, so even if you somehow lost them all (can't think how), you could restore them with H9Control.

kcardita

I had first purchased a used H9 MAX.   Then  I just purchased a used H9 CORE – but the box it came in says H9 and priced at Retail $579 ( that s the Standard/middle priced version).  When I turned it on for the first time it display  NO ALG on the LED display.

I registered it to my account with the H9 Control app ( Note: account already had an H9 MAX on it  ).

After registering the 2nd unit it received all of the alogorithems and patchs same as the MAX as it was supposed to.

So I can’t really tell if the second unit is a CORE or a STANDARD ….

Does anyone know how I can figure out what the second unit is ?

Goldmember
      Participant

Hi,

I have pretty much the same question but don´t find an answer:

I have bought a new H9 Core which I turned into a MAX. Then I bought a used H9 Standard and transferred Max Algorithms to it.

Now I think about selling the Standard, beacause with the Pre/Post function and the upcoming algo with Delay and Reverb I don´t need a second H9 anymore.

At power up both units say “H9 MAX”. I can´t remember which one was the Core nad which one tne Standard. How do I find out? I even reset the unit I suspected to be the Standard to factory settings and even de-registered it. Still it says MAX. And the other one works as a MAX also.

How do I find out? I´ve read that I you sell a MAX, it´s gone and the second unit would fall back into it´s former state, right?

I don´t want to sell the MAX by accident.

gkellum
        Participant
        Goldmember wrote:

At power up both units say "H9 MAX". I can´t remember which one was the Core nad which one tne Standard. How do I find out? I even reset the unit I suspected to be the Standard to factory settings and even de-registered it. Still it says MAX. And the other one works as a MAX also.

That's odd.  The H9 Standard shouldn't say max at start-up.  Well, if you open H9 Control and click on the Settings button in the bottom toolbar and go to the Eventide Account section, it will should you the serial numbers of the H9s that are registered to your account and what they are.

Goldmember
      Participant

Well, it looks like I won the jackpot!

I wrote a ticket to the Eventide Support and they verified, that both my units are maxed out. It means the guy who sold me the used unit (a Standard for a very fair price) acutally sold me a MAX instead. Probably without knowing it or he didn´t care for it. So selling this thing will bring me a big step forward in my attempt to raise money for my dream guitar 🙂

gkellum
      Participant

Awesome!  What's your dream guitar?  I've always wanted to get a nice PRS, maybe a semi-hollowbody…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.