i hit store on TF it shuts down

Home Forums Products Stompboxes i hit store on TF it shuts down

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      spiritledd

I try to store on TF …hit encoder once… and it goes to Bank and number is flashing just like normal …push on it 2nd time to save and TF turns off …what now?

gkellum
      Participant

What algorithm is loaded when you try to save? And what version of the TimeFactor software do you have installed on your TimeFactor?  The reason I ask is we discovered a problem this week with saving Looper presets, and I'm wondering if you're running into the same problem.

spiritledd

bought it couple years ago new …never updated it yet …and it is on vintage delay …everything works great except storing

gkellum
      Participant

Are you using the Eventide power supply? Because storing requires more power than other stompbox functions, and if you're under powering the TimeFactor, it may work fine in most cases but not be able to do power intensive functions like storing… Also, if you are using the Eventide power supply, could you install the latest TimeFactor software on your unit to see if that helps? 

spiritledd

oh yeah, it is correct Eventide power supply …even traded with modfactor's  just to rule that out …modfactor stored using timefacor's supply as well …disconnected all cabling to rule them out also …peculiar …might be fried?

gkellum
      Participant

spiritledd:

…might be fried?

Well, it's a possibility. When you say that the TimeFactor shuts off, do you mean that the display goes dark and the sound stops? Or does it restart? Or does the display show a bunch of nonsense characters?

You might want to try re-initializing it. You can restore it to its factory settings including its factory presets by powering it off and then powering it on again with the middle footswitch and the algorithm selector encoder pressed. This will delete your presets and revert it to its factory presets, but if you can't save your presets, maybe you only have the factory presets anyway? Or alternatively, you could just clear the system settings by powering it off and powering it on again with the right footswitch and the algorithm selector encoder pressed.

As mentioned before, you could also try reinstalling its firmware, but if your TimeFactor is fried as you say, that might be risky. If the update fails midway through, you will need to send it in for repair.

spiritledd

first a there are few little dots I when i press encoder 2nd time ….like 4 or 5 f them ?….randomly spaced ..then it completely shuts off, like unplugging it …right now at least when i change presets with midi controller, it still does program changes, on what i already had programed, and assigned to midi controller presets …if i do the factory reset, might not change anymore if it is broke  …was gonna get another delay anyways  …so probably wait on reset until i buy it

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.