Latency when loading pitchfactor (H9) via MIDI

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Latency when loading pitchfactor (H9) via MIDI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      terich
      Participant

I’ve noticed a lot of latency when loading a pitchfactor preset with a midi controller. Like, an unmusical amount of latency. Is there anything I can change in the settings or the way I’m using it to lower this?

Setup: Molten Voltage master control w/ side controllers -> H9

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not quite sure what you mean.

If you refer to input-output latency, this is only a few milliseconds, which is rarely a problem. It can be an issue if you do a parallel mix, when you can get some "comb-filtering", but this applies to all digital equipment. KILLDRY can be helpful here.

terich
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Not quite sure what you mean.

If you refer to input-output latency, this is only a few milliseconds, which is rarely a problem. It can be an issue if you do a parallel mix, when you can get some “comb-filtering”, but this applies to all digital equipment. KILLDRY can be helpful here.

So, I’m loading patches with external MIDI footswitches, and when I hit the footswitch, there is a long lag before the effect kicks in. Esepcially noticeable on pitchfactor algorithms. Is that a better explanation?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not what I was thinking. What you are saying is that it takes time for effects to load.

This is the case – these effects are large and complex things and loading them requires a lot of work – this takes time. Sorry.

Make sure you have the latest software (5.2 for PF) – this loads faster than the earlier ones.

terich
      Participant

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.