Midi help for a dummie

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi help for a dummie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mcdookus

I've bought an H9. Love it and stumbled my way through to getting the h9 to change channels on my marshall jvm but tbh I don't like the preset switching on the h9. So I bought a midi mouse today to make it easier…..

and here the trouble lies… 

I'm trying to get the mouse to talk to the h9 and jvm. I've gone into midi and tried everything. It promised to be soooo simple but the mouse won't change a thing on either the h9 or jvm. I can get the mouse talking to the jvm if I take the h9 out of the equation. Its not the cables as ive checked them both…..I must be missing something so simple bit can't work out what it is. Anyone else had any luck with the midi mouse. Can someone please please give me a step by step blow of what I should be doing in the midi settings. After 4 hrs of trying today, It's now doing my nut

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Mcdookus,

Make sure your H9 MIDI OUTPUT is set to MIDI THRU and not MIDI XMT.  You want the Mouse to be the master and the H9 to be a slave that responds to, and then passes MIDI commands to the JVM.  

You can do this from the H9 pedal or the H9 Control App.   

Mcdookus

did that. Infact tried it both ways. I've tried near enough everything. I'm at a loss

gkellum
      Participant

Actually, that particular function isn't in the app.  This is the third time it's come up though on the forums.  So, we'll have to try to get it into the app soon.  To adjust the MIDI Output on the H9 itself, go to the H9's system settings, scroll to MIDI and go into MIDI, scroll to Output and go into Output, and change the value from Xmt to Thru.  

Mcdookus

Changing the output to thru was the 1st thing I tried.  No joy

gkellum
      Participant

Alright, the MIDI Mouse guys are based not far from us.  We're going to try to get our hands on one and see if we run into similar problems using it.

Mcdookus

After a few hours, I thought I'd give it another go and voila !! The only thing I done differently was to change the midi mapping by iOS and the midi mouse is now telling the h9 to change preset as requested. Will plug the jvm in tomo and see if I can get that to work (which I think it will)

thanks for taking the time to reply

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.