Home Forums Products Plug-Ins next native plugins

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      greententacle
      Participant

hy eventide people,

happy user here, correct me if iam wrong,but if you could

do blackhole,you could do all alogrithms …

what about one plugin, an all algorithms to chose inside?

would by it from scratch…

cheers

flo

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Flo,

All algorithms from what?

Dan

greententacle
      Participant

from H8000fw ??? 🙂

i mean, as blackhole is an algorithm from the dsp4000 , can't you port all eventide algos into a native plugin?? Different plugins for a lot algorithms would be a pain in the **** , so why cant you make a plugin where you can choose an algorithm inside?

Now you release a "new product" h9 max, wich isn't new in any term….

its just the h9 with all stompbox algorithms….. an you call it a new product…..

Studio processor?? It isnt…

no digital signalflow…not all users are guitar players and need a stompbox

as a studio guy, i love the quality of our algorithms, but theres no sense doing a D/A conversation from a daw ,then a A/D to get into eventide,then to do a D/A to get outside eventide and at the end,

a A/D again to get back in my daw….ridiculous….really..

doing a 24k H9 ? WTF ??

Sorry, but investing in a h8000hw is no option for me , the integration is old, and its a pain to edit..

if you do a outside box,or a native mega eventide plugin, as some people already want, iam sold..

you did a remote surface for the ipad and computer…nice..

but not what iam looking for in my everyday studio job…

its 2014…

greententacle
      Participant

Or what about a poll ?

like " what do you what to see next from eventide "

a) another stompbox

b) another studio hardware (like a H9000) with full daw integration (see access etc)

c) more native plugins

d) external dsp box to run plugins with (like uad)

e) nothing

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Flo,

I it's not true that we could currently release all H8000 algorithms as native plug-ins, as we don't have all the H8000 code ported to the native plug-in format.  However, it will eventually be true that we could do this.  However, such a plug-in would still have to be incredibly expensive simply because of the vast number of algorithms that would be in it.  What we've been trying to do with the native plug-ins is trying to bring the best stuff from the H8000 and the other products to the native plug-ins first, at a price which is well within the reach of most people (because honestly, we love it when people use our stuff).

While it's true that the last release we had was for the H9 Max, but before that it was the UltraReverb plug-in, the UltraChannel before that, the 500 series DDL500 unit, the Mixing Link mic pre, and then the H9 Core before that.  So I think we've had a good mix of announcements for both the Pro and Guitar markets recently this year.  We'd certainly like to release more products each year, but it's more important to us that we get the products we do release right.

For what it's worth, we have more plug-in releases coming up, and we're happy to take requests, but a full H8000 plug-in isn't likely to happen very soon, and especially not for a couple hundred dollars.

Dan

greententacle
      Participant

Hy Dan,

thanks for your answer… and yes it would be a lot work to port all that stuff

i would pay more than a couple of hundreds….the same price as a new H8000fw ….for such a plugin/outsite box

But perhaps thats just me…

But can´t you build a "empty" plugin like the blackhole and deliver more and more algorithms to buy over time?

Perhaps aim wrong,but why don´t start a poll, to see what customers really want,

cheers

Flo

greententacle
      Participant

I would donate the amount of your 24 Karat thing for such a development….

greententacle
      Participant

If you "just" port the stompbox algorithms in a plugin (same gui as the ipad h9 control) i think the they sold like

hot dogs

jfreak
      Participant

"more plug-in releases coming up"

when? the quoted post is over 2 months old already…

davidfsnyder
      Participant

The one preset I'd love to have from my hardware Eclipse in my (native) DAW that I have not yet been able to reproduce (or find a reasonable facsimile there of with Blackhole and UltraChannel) would be AmbiClouds (preset #470).  I looked at the diagram in the Eclipse manual for the preset and realized that the plugins I have won't work, since they don't have the reverse 4 plex algorithm (nor the ultra tap 2, as in the Eclipse at least).  Can anybody tell me if the H3000 native has the right algorithms to do this?

I just wanted to be sure before I spill $350 of blood to get the native H3000 native plugin.

Thank you to any responders!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.