Noob Midi Questions!!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Noob Midi Questions!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Travisthedog

Hi all!

having just got a modfactor I'm blown away by the quality of the effects – better than any mod pedal I've tried before.

but……..

its a touch tricky to use in a live situation. For instance it's a real *** to select presets (if I can find any) and if I'm on back 2:1 and I want to go 1:1 I have to scroll up to 50 to get back to 1:1 – which is a pain In the ass.

I've been looking at the disaster area midi controllers but I'm not sure what midi can bring to the table to help me in a live situation

id really appreciate some help from those in the know on these things!

gkellum
      Participant

One trick you can do is limit the preset range. So, if you're only using five banks in a live situation, it will wrap around to the start again after the 5th bank.

And yes, you could use a MIDI controller or an aux switch and then you'd be able to bank down as well.

From the support page:

How do I go Bank Down?
      There are a few different ways to go down through Banks in Bank Mode:
      -Press Bank Up (Right Footswitch) and then turn the Encoder knob counter-clockwise.
      -Assign an Aux Switch to Bank Down.
      -You can go Bank Down via MIDI CC. This can be set up in the RCV CTL menu in System Mode/MIDI.

Although, I have used the Disaster Area MIDI  and it's great! You've got to love being able to jump from preset ONE to preset 99 with one push of a button.

st.bede
      Participant

From my experience, I can suggest that a midi foot controller is an useful item. Since I am running 3 factor pedals (TF, MF and PF) for me it has become a necessity (and very fun too).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.