Pitchfactor vocal harmonies?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor vocal harmonies?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pedalguy1

Is it possible to use the Pitchfactor with a microphone to produce decent sounding vocal harmonies for live playing and recording?

achaput

It's possible to use PitchFactor with a microphone if you plug the mic into a mic pre or mixer and then use a 1/4 inch output to PitchFactor. 

The pitch shifting is optimized for instruments, not voice, but Micropitch is fabulous on vocals. In fact, it's been an industry secret for years!

Homemadehenry
      Participant

Hi, I'm new to forums so please forgive me jumping in like this!  It seemed relevant… 

I also want to use a PitchFactor (and a TimeFactor) Stompbox(es) on my vocals, and haven't got a preamp or mixer, but just to see what happened I plugged an SM58 straight in to my PitchFactor using a mike lead and a female XLR to 1/4 jack adaptor, and it worked straight away, directly in to the stomp box! connecting the TimeFactor after the PitchFactor it still worked! 

My question is, is this going to break my stompboxes, or blow them up or something because I didn't use a preamp or mixer? Or is it going to cause any problems live or in the studio without the items you recommend?

Cheers, Henry 

Homemadehenry
      Participant

Hi, I'm really new to forums so please forgive me joining in like this – I realise a staff member has already answered your question!  But I would like to add something and ask a further question…

I also want to use a PitchFactor (and a TimeFactor) Stompbox(es) on my vocals, and without having either a preamp or a mixer to hand, out of curiosity just plugged an SM58 straight in to my PitchFactor using a mike lead and a female XLR to 1/4 Jack adaptor, and it actually worked fine!  I then plugged a TimeFactor on the the end and this too worked!

My question is, without using the recommended preamp or mixer, will I damage my Stompboxes or cause problem for myself in the studio or in a live setting?

Cheers Big Smile

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.