PowerMAX Dead – anyone else?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PowerMAX Dead – anyone else?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kirstenray

PowerMAX doesn’t turn on anymore.  No lights come on when plugged in.  Anyway one else have this problem.  It was working fine.  Put my board up cause wasn’t gigging anymore and pulled out my gigging board recently and found that when I plugged in the power supply it didn’t turn on.

Contacted CIOKS and they said they’ve never come across this problem before.  So I guess I’m the first one this has happened to ever.  Wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Obviously any unit can fail. But, it is more likely that you have a problem with the AC feed to the unit.

You've probably already tried this, but try different power leads, and connect it directly to a wall socket. If it is still no good you may want to send it in.

kirstenray
      nickrose wrote:

Obviously any unit can fail. But, it is more likely that you have a problem with the AC feed to the unit.

You’ve probably already tried this, but try different power leads, and connect it directly to a wall socket. If it is still no good you may want to send it in.

Thanks for the reply.  Initially CIOKS said to make sure I had pushed in the power cord far enough.  I had.  I’ve tried three different power cords, all of which work with other devices, including a recently purchased CIOKS DC-7.  I was surprised it failed as I expected it to last longer than 2 years.  I have an old PowerFactor 2 that is still going, though it is different power technology.

I contacted Eventide support and they told me there was only a 1 year warranty on it, even though their website says it’s 5 years.  Called Sweetwater, where I bought it from, and they confirmed the warranty is 5 years.  So sending it to Sweetwater to deal with the warranty claim.  They said it will take 3-4 weeks so maybe it is getting sent back to CIOKS in Poland.  We will see.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.